Homeseer & Firecracker Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer & Firecracker Not Working

Need help. Homeseer 2.3.19 version. CM17A Firecracker serial.

No errors in log firecracker initializes fine. Cm17a plugin is fine. com port is correct. homeseer won't turn on or off anything. like it doesn't send out the command. If I run the firecracker software remote, turns lights on and off perfectly every time. Homeseer won't. Any ideas??? This is a fresh install on a newly formatted drive running windows xp. does Homeseer ver. 2.3.019 run firecracker hardware? There are no errors in the log file and plugin and everything initializes fine.

I do not believe HomeSeer works with this interface anymore. It's been years since I've seen someone attempt to use a FireCracker. Most uses want two way traffic and use either a TI-103 or CM11A for X10 communications.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

xapmcsCM17A will drive the firecracker. mcsXap is the HS plugin that communicates with xAP applications. I can be setup to use CM17A as the X10 interface or as an IO interface.

Comment

If you wanted to do some scripting, I can provide you with a "dos" exe that will drive the firecracker.

Before there was a plugin, this is how I used to use this. I will state, there is a plugin that Jim Doolittle wrote, is this the one you are trying to use? (I had it installed, but never did use it)

-Dan
        Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Michael McSharry:
          I'm using the CM17a plugin that comes with HSpro via update. Is this the plugin you are talking about? or where can I get the xapmcsCM17A plugin or driver...

Comment

Drozwood90:
            I never have done scripting. I'm new to all this. I'm using the plugin that is via HSpro Update. Is this the Doolittle file? Or can you direct to a place to get it?

Jack

Comment

Jack,

Scripting is pretty easy. However, if you are unsure, you can just use an event the with launch program selection.

Firstly, I'd try to use the exe with your firecracker to ensure it works (command line execution). If it does, THEN I'd start hooking it INTO Homeseer.

Did you want me to try to put the executable somewhere for you?

--Dan
              Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Drozwood90:

Sure Dan, I would appreciate it. Will try anything at this point.

Funny how the X10 Firecracker Software works perfectly. But seems the HSPro & HSPro CM17a plugin doesn't fire any commands through the firecracker hardware. I got it to turn on & off a light once, two different times then nothing after that. Really strange since the plugin and everything else initializes fine without errors anywhere.
                Normally I wouldn't mind, but I've got a new 10" android tablet that I want to use HSTouch with. Controlling my stuff through the tablet would be awesome!

P.S.
                I got xapmcscm17a.exe running. Is this the executable your talking about? If so, what do I type in for a command, to say turn on & off a light on code A5?
                I also installed the xap cm17a plugin an initialized ok. But in the log it is looking for a file or script... this is the error I get:
                11/17/2011 3:26:12 PM - mcsXap - InitX10 Line 30 Could not load file or assembly 'Interop.Scripting, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I also downloaded and installed the xap hub.. If there is a script or something I need to download, do I put it in the root of homeseer or a certain folder?
                Hope I didn't mess things up... LOL
                Last edited by ; November 17, 2011, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X