Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Controlling Drapes (motor and controller suggestions?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controlling Drapes (motor and controller suggestions?)

I found some outdated threads about this topic, so thought I'd post again (sorry if this is the wrong place). I am wondering if anyone has motor suggestions to control drapes? So far I found the Add-A-Motor 2000 which seems like it could be controlled by the ESI DBMZ, but I'm not really sure (and if it does, is there anything else that I would need to purchase?). I would appreciate any suggestions or tips.

If you live in Europe:
    These curtain rails can be controlled using the RFXCOM transmitter and the RFXCOM plug-in:
    http://www.autogordijn.nl/
    http://www.harrison.nl/home2.htm

drape motor control that can be controlled using the RFXCOM transmitter and the RFXCOM plug-in:
    http://www.chacon.be/index.php/domot...rises-dio.html
    http://www.klikaanklikuit.nl/shop/asun-650/
    Last edited by b_weijenberg; November 23, 2011, 02:34 AM. Reason: motor control added

Comment

Drape automation is about the only thing I don't do in my home when it comes to Homeseer - i've studied the subject but not really found a good resource for information. I want to do it but I'm nervous about taking the plunge and spending money as the main manufacturer (Somfy) doesn't have a lot of info on how their systems work or integrate and there isn't much straightforward info that I can find that will guide me. Ideally I want to do it via Insteon but Z-Wave would be Ok too I guess. I'm not keen on a battery powered system as I would have thought opening and closing drapes is not a low power task and I don't want to be changing batteries every month.

If anyone has any good resources or advice I'm all ears - this could be my xmas project...

Jon

Comment

I have Somfy blinds/shades and have been very happy the their RTS stuff.

Installed them 3 years ago and the batteries are still going. HS opens/closes them once a day.
        HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by nojstevens View Post
          If anyone has any good resources or advice I'm all ears - this could be my Jon
          I use Homeseer to control two Graber ( identical to the Somfy DR-1000) motors. Heavy outer drapes and lighter inside sheers. One button open/close of both drapes with Homeseer keeping track of open/close status so each push of the button performs the correct operation for both drapes. Each motor uses two modified X10 Appliance Modules hacked to make them wire-in modules. For each motor one module controls power and the second controls motor direction. I attach the modules to each side of the motor, so the unit is pretty big and clunky, but since it all gets hidden behind the drape the WAF is still high.

Don't know if this answers any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post
            I have Somfy blinds/shades and have been very happy the their RTS stuff.

Installed them 3 years ago and the batteries are still going. HS opens/closes them once a day.
            Hi Krumpy

How are they interfaced to HS?

What's approximate cost per window for the electronics?

Thanks

Mark

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
            HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
            2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
            USB UIRT
            Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
            WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
            HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
            HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
            2GIG Thermostat
            BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
            BLUPS
            UltraLog (SQL2008)
            Jon00 Plugins
            Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
            Global Cache IP2IR
            Foscam FI8918W

Comment

Working...