CONTROLLERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CONTROLLERS

I have been struggling with installing my homseer system. I used Active home for 5 years and had problems more as of late. Can I use my x10 maxi controllers to send signal to operate event macros?Because I cannot get it to work. With active home I was able to time an event and also manually activate. Is this possible with homeseer

Welcome JABBER. Sure this is possible. Nearly all things are possible with HS

Create an event that is triggeredon By X10 Command. Then select the X10 code you want to select on your maxi controller.

Then using the Device Actions tab select the devices you want to control in the Available Devices list box and click and drag them down to the Selected Devices list box. Now click on each device and select the desired action. Like on, off, delay,etc. If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanking you for responding. I am so happy to be able to chat with someone who knows the system. I am able to create events such as evening lights on. I have selected the proper dim levels, on 75 devices. However, I cannot understand how you can have an event set to x10 and simultaneoulsy set to a timed event. Furthermore, if for example I set my code to F2 and I execute the controller pushing F2 ON nothing happens.

Thanks again for your ear I have been struggling for weeks.

Comment

Jabber,
        One of the biggest problems with X10 is getting the signal from one side of the power line to the other. Most all homes in the US are powered by 2 phases and half of you circuit breakers are on one phase and half are on the other. As an experiment try plugging your maxi controller into the same outlet that your X10 interface (CM11a,etc) is plugged into and see if that X10 signal is logged in the HS log. If it is then that tells me your signal is not strong enough to make it to HS. If this is the case and it works when plugged into the same wall outlet you are going to need a coupler/repeater. A search on coupler repeater will bring up plenty of information. If you have any other questions let us know because we're here to help.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JABBER:
          I cannot understand how you can have an event set to x10 and simultaneously set to a timed event. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Jabber, I'm not sure you can do it with one event, but you don't need to.

I have an event that is time triggered to turn off lights at night. I have another event that is X10 triggered that forces the timed event to run immediately.

Comment

Working...
          X