Swap USNAP in CG30 for WiFi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swap USNAP in CG30 for WiFi?

With all the problems I and others seem to be having with ZWave control of the CT30, I got to wondering if we could simply swap the ZWave USNAP module out for the WiFi version. Since it looks like the WiFi thermostat available at Home Depot (and on RadioThermostat.com) is just a CT30 with Wifi module, it seems to me it should be possible. Has anyone thought about this or tried it? I haven't called RadioThermostat yet but I didn't see on their site that you could buy the USNAP module alone.
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Originally posted by reidfo View Post
    With all the problems I and others seem to be having with ZWave control of the CT30, I got to wondering if we could simply swap the ZWave USNAP module out for the WiFi version. Since it looks like the WiFi thermostat available at Home Depot (and on RadioThermostat.com) is just a CT30 with Wifi module, it seems to me it should be possible. Has anyone thought about this or tried it? I haven't called RadioThermostat yet but I didn't see on their site that you could buy the USNAP module alone.
    Any luck with this?

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
    HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
    2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
    USB UIRT
    Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
    WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
    HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
    HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
    2GIG Thermostat
    BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
    BLUPS
    UltraLog (SQL2008)
    Jon00 Plugins
    Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
    Global Cache IP2IR
    Foscam FI8918W

Comment

Originally posted by mark_anderson_us View Post
      Any luck with this?
      I gotta tell you mark. I have the usnap and ct30 wifi and the wifi is far superior in my opinion. I was having problems early on with it not connecting but since there was a firmware upgrade on the device I haven't had any dropouts. I think mine has been running continously for at least the last couple of months. I even have my log being monitored for problems using Jon00's log monitor and haven't encountered many at all.

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
        I gotta tell you mark. I have the usnap and ct30 wifi and the wifi is far superior in my opinion. I was having problems early on with it not connecting but since there was a firmware upgrade on the device I haven't had any dropouts. I think mine has been running continously for at least the last couple of months. I even have my log being monitored for problems using Jon00's log monitor and haven't encountered many at all.
        Good to hear. did you buy a whole new unit or just the module? (Forget that: found online for $70 - 70% of cost of entire unit!)

Do you have a plug-in for it? If so, which one and how do you control schedules, via t-stat or HS (I want to do former)

Is the touch screen operable when using wifi, as it wasn't with z-wave?

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
        HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
        2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
        USB UIRT
        Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
        WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
        HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
        HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
        2GIG Thermostat
        BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
        BLUPS
        UltraLog (SQL2008)
        Jon00 Plugins
        Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
        Global Cache IP2IR
        Foscam FI8918W

Comment

My BeakerStat plugin works with the CT-30 WiFi as well as 3M-50 (aka CT-50) and CT-80. I also swapped a Z-Wave module out for WiFi in a CT-30 and it does work. In the BeakerStat forum there is a howto that shows how to accomplish this and make it work with the plugin.
          HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
          Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
          Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
          Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Working...
          X