Argh - heat and cool reversed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Argh - heat and cool reversed!

Anyone have a simple reference for thermostat wiring? I replaced a conventional stat with a CT30 and thought I had everything matched up to what it was on the old stat. However when the stat calls for cooling it turns on the heat. I'm pretty confused because this is the only thermostat on a Lennox AC unit, and the colors don't seem to match up with the unit I have downstairs (which is on a zone controller).

Does anyone have experience with a Lennox system connecting to a CT30? It was on a very basic Honeywell thermostat before using blue, orange, red, yellow, and green wires.
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

The documentation has several wiring diagrams that should help you.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by reidfo View Post
      Anyone have a simple reference for thermostat wiring?.
      You didn't mention whether you have a heat pump, but it sounds like you do. Here's a reasonable summary, but beware. The person who wired your original thermostat may have followed his own "convention". Can you see the terminal designations where the wires are connected in the furnace?
      http://www.iaqsource.com/article.php...tistage/?id=10
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

If it's as simple as your title suggests, and I'd be surprised if it is, have you tried reversing the wires on RH and RC on the CT30 itself?
        Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Same Issue Resolved

I had the same issue and found out I had a heat pump. My old Honeywell thermostat wiring label had conventional heater letters on top and heat pump lettering on bottom. However the original installer used the top of the wiring connector so I did not realize I had a heat pump. I finally put the orange wire in "O" instead of "W" on the CT30 and it is working fine now. Hope this helps.

Comment

Opus, that's probably my issue. It is a heat pump. Just got back from a business trip, so i'll check this tomorrow. Fortunately it's in our bonus room that doesn't get used often. If this had been in the master bedroom and I'd left for a week...
            HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
            Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
            Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
            Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Working...
            X