Wireless Security System and Wireless Keypads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless Security System and Wireless Keypads

I've gone through a number of posts and research in trying to find a good security system that not only integrates well with HomeSeer, but also uses wireless keypads. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find a good combo yet. Does anyone have suggestions?

Welcome to the HomeSeer message board. One of the more affordable security systems that offers wireless is the DSC line. There are 2 plugins available as well.

http://www.alarmsystemstore.com/DSC-...emotes-s/5.htm
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks for the reply! From my understanding the DSC PowerSeries is what works the best with HomeSeer. However, you cannot use wireless keypads with them (correct me if I'm wrong). Alexor (single keypad) or Impassa (multiple keypads) have wireless keypads, but do those systems connect to HomeSeer easily?

Comment

I thought these would work but I can't confirm this. Hopefully someone who has the DSC PowerSeries can confirm this.
        http://murreyinstallations.com/shop/...products_id=94

Comment

Thanks for your time. You might be right. I emailed an online merchant a few days ago and they said that you could not use the Power1832 panel with wireless keypads, but maybe they misunderstood me. It looks like RFK5500 (or 5501) can be used with that panel, which based on my newbie knowledge should work fine with HomeSeer using an IT100 and a plugin.

Hopefully some other folks might be able to help out by confirming that. So basically I was looking at this setup:
          • DSC Power1832 Control Panel
          • DSC RFK5500 (or 5501) wireless keypad (x2 if possible)
          • Wireless Door, Window, and Motion Sensors
          • IT100
          My control panel would be in close proximity to my HomeSeer setup, so having that part wired shouldn't be an issue. I would like to use at least two wireless keypads with that setup as well, but I might just have to try it out and see. Anybody have experience with those items or anything similar?

Comment

I do not believe that the RFK500 is a wireless "keypad", as you're thinking of it, only that it has a wireless receiver inside that can interface with wireless devices (contacts, motions, glass breaks, etc.) on the system. It still has to be wired to the keybus on the system.
            Marty
            ------
            XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
            Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Hmmm. Well, do know of any alternatives that would work well that would also have those options? I looked at 2gig, but it doesn't sound like that integrates with HomeSeer as easily.

Comment

I'm not sure there is a completely wireless system that integrates with HomeSeer after looking through the forums.

Comment

I wish I could answer your question but not being a big fan of wireless for security I hardwire everything. I know there are many wireless systems out there from several different manufactures. I don't know if any of them interface with HomeSeer or have a plug in available. If a wireless keypad is what you're looking for if you are using HSTouch any interface can become a keypad. For example i use a DSC powerseries system interfaced with BLDSC. On any HSTouch screen or Iphone or Ipad, i assume any of the android units as well you can have a virtual keypad that effectively gives you a wireless keypad.

Hopefully someone using one of wireless systems can chime in and give you some advice if there are any that can be interfaced with HomeSeer.
                  Marty
                  ------
                  XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
                  Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

i originally had adt.. and they had a ge safewatch caretaker unit in place.. the document manual i found said this unit was from 1994 so an old unit... it had true wireless.. the only thing that had wires were..
                    power, phone line, speaker (no siren just speaker)

so yes keypads were wireless... 2 of them...

on my journey of finding a system... i could not find a wireless system like I had that had wireless keypads... wish i could.. really liked my keypads...

i talked to adt and told them i wanted an upgraded system before i would resign... they were going to put a concord 4 system in.. they said EVERYTHING except the keypads will work with my system....

so i went that route.. i lost 1 keypad in the bedroom due to wireless.. and still have one downstairs... i figure some day i will upgrade to include hs touch.. and put some kind of client upstairs for the alarm....

hope you find what you are looking for..

fyi post 4 on the next link is the keypads i had.. so if you can find a system that works with them.. then maybe... but i dont think a plugin exists for homeseer...

http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...stom-rf.html#b

good luck!
                    Jeff
                    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. I'm still looking into other options, but I think I've resigned to going with wired keypads. Certainly not horrible, it just changes my configuration plans. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                      X