ZStick S2 not initializing - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZStick S2 not initializing - Solved!

Hello, I just received my ZStick and try to make it work with HomeSeer but it does not work.

I run HS that initializes and then I get the following messages:

07/12/2011 21:56:06 - Z-Wave - :- :- :- :- :- :- :- :- Initializing Z-Wave Interface -: -: -: -: -: -: -: -:
    07/12/2011 21:56:06 - Z-Wave - Initializing Z-Wave Interface on COM port: 1 at 115K baud.
    07/12/2011 21:56:06 - Z-Wave - Getting node information from controller...
    07/12/2011 21:56:08 - Z-Wave - Warning - failed receiving an interface acknowledgement for a controller command before timeout - the command may not have succeeded.
    07/12/2011 21:56:14 - Z-Wave - Warning - failed receiving an interface acknowledgement for a controller command before timeout - the command may not have succeeded.
    07/12/2011 21:56:16 - Z-Wave - -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Further in logs ...

07/12/2011 21:56:17 - Z-Wave - Starting Z-Wave Polling...
    07/12/2011 21:56:17 - Z-Wave - Starting 'Z-Wave Health' Process Starter...

[...]

07/12/2011 21:56:38 - Z-Wave - Getting node information from controller...
    07/12/2011 21:56:40 - Z-Wave - Warning - failed receiving an interface acknowledgement for a controller command before timeout - the command may not have succeeded.
    07/12/2011 21:56:46 - Z-Wave - Warning - failed receiving an interface acknowledgement for a controller command before timeout - the command may not have succeeded.
    07/12/2011 21:56:50 - Warning - In Z-Wave init(A), no response getting initialization information.

And then the 4 last entries loop.

I followed the process for a Fibaro (1x3kW) module inclusion (installed on one of my switches). The module works fine and i included it with the key as follow:
    - Pressing the button on the stick: it blinks slowly
    - Press 3 times the B button on the Fibaro module: the led on the stick turns still for a few seconds and then it starts to blink normally
    => I think the inclusion went well at this level

I put the key into the USB port, I declare the interface but when HS did a nodes search in my key, it can't find anything ...

FYI, a view of my HomeSeer interface:

What did I do wrong ?

Thank you for your help

It's most likely a com port selection issue. Did you follow the procedure in the instructions on how to determine the com port the device is running on?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

For anyone else coming up on this issue, if you're running Windows XP check Device Manager / Ports (COM & LPT). You should see a Silicon Labs device and a specific Com Port assignent. Replicate this port number in Homeseer on the Interface Setup tab. My "instructions" didn't provide this info but the procedure did fix my problem.

Comment

Working...
      X