• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Kwikset user Codes

I user the configuration of the Root Lock Device and

when I try to add a user code I get ...
    Choose the user code location to work with: 6
    There was an error retrieving the user code information - please try again.

I've tried this after using the lever (see the status change) as well as manually changing the status of the lock. I do have communications.

I also rescanned it.

The device is close to the computer and added with no problem from that location.

Next Day. Problem went away. I love computers they always do the same thing.

Comment

Did the problem ever come back? Did you ever solve this problem and how? The reason I'm asking is because I'm going through the same issues.
      http://forums.homeseer.com/showthrea...33#post1244933

Comment

Quick way to set User Codes on Kwikset Locks

When I had my 4 Kwikset locks controlled by my Honeywell LYNX Touch security panel all I could do was Lock and Unlock the things, if you needed to add or change an entry code, I'd have to go to the lock and take out my allen wrench to get the cover off and access the program button. Now that I switched the locks away from the Honeywell controller and have then in HS this Event can recode the locks in under a minute.
        Attached Files
        Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
        | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
        Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
        BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

Originally posted by BlairG View Post
          When I had my 4 Kwikset locks controlled by my Honeywell LYNX Touch security panel all I could do was Lock and Unlock the things, if you needed to add or change an entry code, I'd have to go to the lock and take out my allen wrench to get the cover off and access the program button. Now that I switched the locks away from the Honeywell controller and have then in HS this Event can recode the locks in under a minute.
          I tried It. NO LUCK
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X