St 814 broadcasting incorrect temperature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

St 814 broadcasting incorrect temperature

I justgot an ST 814 temp/hum sensor and it is working fine except that from time to time it broadcasts the wrong temperature...51.2 when temp is really 68 or so showing on the display. I am tracking 24 hour highs and lows with the following script. t3 and t4 are virtual devices used for tracking highs and lows. t5 is a virtual device that I am using to change status when from "off" to "on" if the temperature falls below 40. The t5 device change is picked up by HS and activates an event that sends email and a text message letting me know the house termperature has fallen below 40. I use this to monitor house temperature when we are gone in the winter. I reset the high and low devices, t3 and t4 to the current temperature 5 minutes after sunrise to start tracking the next 24 hour period high and low. The problem is that I am getting seeing the value of 51.2 as the t3, virtual low temperature device status value, when I know the temperature has not fallen below about 67 degrees. I am not sure whether the st814 is reporting a false reading from time to time or whether hs is not picking up the correct broadcast reading through the z-wave interface. The in error temperature is always 51.2. Any ideas are appreciated.

Mark

Sub Main()
    dim high,low,current
    high=hs.Devicevalue("t3")
    low=hs.Devicevalue("t4")
    current = hs.Devicevalue ("q6") *.01
    if current > high then
    hs.setdevicestring "t3",current, true
    hs.setdevicevalue "t3", current
    end if
    if current < low then
    hs.setdevicestring "t4",current, true
    hs.setdevicevalue "t4", current
    end if
    if current < 40 then
    hs.setdevicestatus "t5", 2
    end if
    End Sub
    Last edited by masman; December 19, 2011, 04:18 PM.
Working...
X