Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attempting to install Yale Touchscreen Z-Wave lock -Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You cannot route through a non-beaming device at all. If its working, and its routing (no real way to tell if its routing or not), then it must be using beaming devices. I would not optimize it again unless you have issues as it may assign a return route that goes through a non-beaming device. Its possible that its working because its not routing at all right now. The Z-Troller will always try a direct route first before routing.

There is no way to set up your own route. The next version of the Zensys firmware does allow for this, but that requires new hardware in the controller so we won't see that out for a few months.

Originally posted by brehbock View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

I'd attempted first doing a Full Network Optimization and had errors establishing return routes. I still could not Configure Options or Configure User Codes.

I later (at 3:30am) used "Optimize" and went to bed. This morning it now seems to be working.

When you wind up with multiple routes from the Primary Controller to a Security Device, can routes through "old" Z-Wave non-beaming/non-security class devices cause problems? Is there any way to set up a single, static route that you know is stable?
    I'm worried about optimizing again as I add more nodes; could it start failing again?

My next phase is going to take me from 22 nodes to about 40, so I'm really trying to get a good understanding of how all of this is supposed to work now. Thanks for your patience. -Bill

1/16/2012 2:42:09 AM ~!~Z-Wave~!~Optimization of node 22 successfully started...
    1/16/2012 2:42:14 AM ~!~Z-Wave~!~Device 22, Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface Root Device 22 successfully optimized.
    1/16/2012 2:42:18 AM ~!~Z-Wave~!~Removing and Adding Return Routes for Device 22, Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface Root Device 22...
    1/16/2012 2:42:37 AM ~!~Z-Wave~!~Removing and Adding Return Routes for Device 22, Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface Root Device 22: Result=ARR_Not_Done

1/16/2012 2:47:00 AM ~!~Warning~!~Aborting Z-Wave send, taking too long to send command to node 22 waited 10 seconds
    1/16/2012 2:47:05 AM ~!~Info~!~Send abort status received.

1/16/2012 2:47:48 AM ~!~Warning~!~Z-Wave transmission failed (22) due to network jam or some other issue preventing radio transmission.
    1/16/2012 2:47:58 AM ~!~ERROR~!~Timeout waiting for send abort to complete

1/16/2012 3:34:59 AM ~!~Z-Wave~!~Instructing node # 22,Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface Root Device 22, to re-discover its neighbors using the MAIN Z-Wave interface...
    1/16/2012 3:34:59 AM ~!~Z-Wave~!~Optimization of node 22 successfully started...
    1/16/2012 3:35:03 AM ~!~Z-Wave~!~Device 22, Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface Root Device 22 successfully optimized
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I did as suggested and all seems great now.
      It sure would be nice if the Z-troller could maintain the idea of a "Protected Route."
      I have "Excellent (15)" signal between the Z-Troller and lock, so I assume I shouldn't need additional hops ever to communicate. Are the route details exposed to Homeseer or are they all kept within the controller?

The response time when I click "Configue Options for this device" is a good 20 to 30 seconds - is that considered normal? "User Codes" responds about twice as fast. Just more data/negotiation going on?
      I do have to say that even my wife thinks saying, "Lock Front Door" and having the door lock itself is pretty cool :-)
      My goal is to have an Android tablet in every room as my interface to the house. The 7" Asus Tegra quad-core tablet at $249 is amazing! It's going to be odd wasting one of the cameras with the units velcroed to the wall.
      I really appreciate the great support!

Comment

Lots of stuff is happening when you go to configure. The way the beaming works is that the lock is sleeping and it wakes up every second or so. This means communications is slow since the controller is always waiting for the lock to wake up before it can complete a command.

Originally posted by brehbock View Post
        I did as suggested and all seems great now.
        It sure would be nice if the Z-troller could maintain the idea of a "Protected Route."
        I have "Excellent (15)" signal between the Z-Troller and lock, so I assume I shouldn't need additional hops ever to communicate. Are the route details exposed to Homeseer or are they all kept within the controller?

The response time when I click "Configue Options for this device" is a good 20 to 30 seconds - is that considered normal? "User Codes" responds about twice as fast. Just more data/negotiation going on?
        I do have to say that even my wife thinks saying, "Lock Front Door" and having the door lock itself is pretty cool :-)
        My goal is to have an Android tablet in every room as my interface to the house. The 7" Asus Tegra quad-core tablet at $249 is amazing! It's going to be odd wasting one of the cameras with the units velcroed to the wall.
        I really appreciate the great support!
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
        X