Endless scrolling error message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Endless scrolling error message

How do I stop this endless scrolling error display on the system log?
    It repeats abount every 20-30 seconds.

2.4g P4, WinXP, HSPRO evaluation copy, Ocelot controller

"ERROR SENDING UPNP ACCOUNCEMENT: OBJECT REFERENCE NO SET TO AN INSTANCE OF AN OBJECT"

Also is it possible to embedded an image in a post?

I have no idea what your error is about, but to include an attachment, click on the paper clip in the message menu area.
    Attached Files
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Just as a guess look in the main settings page for this setting

"HomeSeer is Discoverable Using UPNP: "

and set it to no if it is set to yes, I don't think it does anything really anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
        Just as a guess look in the main settings page for this setting

"HomeSeer is Discoverable Using UPNP: "

and set it to no if it is set to yes, I don't think it does anything really anyway.
        I don't know what else it does...but it makes that error message go away :-))

All is well, Thank You

Daniel

PS I don't have a "paper clip" in my display of icons ??

Comment

Attachments to messages

Sorry for the aside but I don't see the paper clip for attachments either. At the bottom of the forum page, I see the following information under Posting Rules.

You may post new threads
          You may post replies
          You may not post attachments
          You may edit your posts

Any reason I am not allowed to post attachments? Where is this setting coming from? Hasn't been a big problem but I can definitly see where this would be handy at times. I also can't find where to set my signature. Sound like newbie questions but I really have looked to try and resolve this on my own. Is this a permission that needs to be set on my account?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.
          GlennWo

Comment

You may be in the new members window. You have to have a bit of a history before the system will allow you to include links and attachments. I believe that is to reduce the frequency of spam and robot postings. Given that this is a holiday weekend, you may have to wait until next week before the restriction is removed.
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

OK. I'm not new to the HomeSeer forum (been a member since May 2007) but I haven't been terribly active on posting. Mostly use it to try and find answers to questions that have already been asked. I'll check again next week and ping someone if this is still an issue.

Thx,
              GlennWo

Comment

OK, so what are the rules?

Number of Posts? Time on the forum?

GlennWo has been around for 4 years!

When can I expect to be allowed to post attachments and links?

I'm just another "carbon based" unit

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by ATEngineer View Post
                  OK, so what are the rules? Number of Posts? Time on the forum?
                  Sorry, I don't know. I seem to recall number of posts plays a role, but I don't know if it is an algorithm or a judgement call - if it is automatic or manual.

Probably will get resolved next week when other carbon units return to work at HST.

Comment

Quick update on Attachments and signature line. As of this morning I now have the ability to do both. Not sure if it was automatic after some number of posts or if one of the HomeSeer admins added that capability to my account. BTW, I used to have signature capability because once it was turned back on, my old signature block started showing up again. Not sure what caused the funtionality to disapear but I haven't been active on the forum for awhile so maybe inactive and new accounts have this turned off by default.

So Daniel, hope this shows up for you as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X