Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electrical problem affecting Keypadlinc???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electrical problem affecting Keypadlinc???

I have a 1 gang box that I had leviton four button controller in for 5 years. A month back I replaced it with a keypadlinc. Though I've had some insteon traffic issues to solve, the switch has always functioned correctly. Today it started making a low clicking sound (I have the beep turned off). The back light is on. The backlight behind the key goes off when I press it, but no insteon activity and it doesn't light up when pressed.
    • I tried air gapping and resetting. It comes back to its backlight on
    • No response to trying to factory resetting.
    • I finally un installed it, put on a extension cord end and plugged it into the wall at another location... It functions perfectly. It remembered all of its group programming.???

What the? Has this happened to anyone?

Paul
    Paul

I've had two go nuts recently after different power surges. Both were unresponsive, even after similar attempts to reset them.

However, both were ok after subsequent power outage events (first one after a power outage, the second one after I turned off the breaker for a short while). Maybe yours will be ok too if you reinstall it....?

Comment

Thanks for the followup.

I was able to "resuscitate" it by factory resetting and reprogramming.. and leavingin another location.. won't work where it was installed (?) However it "freaks out" when anything is connected to load regardless of where it is. Single, loud continuous beeeeeeeep and keypad unresponsive.

I bought it from TheHomeAutomationStore on ebay and they immediately sent a replacement. I am back in business now.
      Paul
      Paul

Comment

Working...
      X