• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a quick read here.

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=963150

Let us know if that doesn't work.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

just wanted to say I was even able to do this.. so anyone can!!!

went to setup/email..

I have comcast so added.. smtp.comcast.net for smtp and mail.comcast.net for pop3... added my user name and pwd...
      then event..

3 emails..
      1 for if water detector gets wet
      1 for if sump float is tripped for 10 seconds
      1 for when sump is tripped... just the fyi.. doesnt run often..
      HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

I was thinking about this recently (since I had to re-setup my Google Voice)...you could just use Google Voice.

I use pygoogleVoice to send text messages to my phone. I also use it on my phone to send messages from my phone to my server (automatically). The Android SL4A engine for Python has the ability to drive the libraries needed for pygvoice.

--Dan
        Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

I send text messages no problem to my AT&T phones. The issue for us is that the texts always show up a different sender on the iphone... ie...

1 (410)000-292
          1 (410)000-291

The messages are formatted:

FRM:wpimanxyz@verizon.net
          MSG: The clothes are still in the washing machine. You need to change them so they don't get moldy.

I would love for them to show up in a single conversation. I think it is an AT*T thing. I use txt.att.net I believe.
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
          Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
          weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

I have started to rely more and more on e-mail notifications from my HomeSeer system. My HomeSeer system sends critical e-mail notifications whenever a water leak is detected or temperatures exceeds a certain threshold, etc. There have been a few cases over the years where I never received an e-mail notification because my ISP SMTP server was not reachable. In order to address this single point of failure, I ended up creating UltraSMTP to allow HomeSeer to continue delivery of a failed e-mail until it was either accepted for delivery or it exceeded the retry count.

UltraSMTP can be used to send e-mail notifications using either the standard SMTP or using SMTP authentication via SSL/TLS (e.g. gmail.com, hotmail.com, etc.). It also supports a wide range of HomeSeer replacement variables including those supported by HomeSeer and others only supported by the UltraSMTP HSPI (e.g. the last 10 lines of your HomeSeer log).

Here is the URL to the documentation:
            http://automatedhomeonline.com/HomeS...sers_Guide.pdf

Regards,
            Ultrajones
            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Nice read and plugin Randy. I should wean myself off of using stunnel....sometime soon.

How does your plugin know about the ack?

Only thing is that I been keeping my phone off lately for whatever reason....that's another story for another time....funny though cuz my wife keeps her phone off too most of the time...now wondering even if the monthly package that I am paying for is worth it....
              Last edited by Pete; April 3, 2012, 01:20 PM.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Ok- to answer my own question.... if you use phonenumber@mms.att.net as opposed to phonenumber@txt.att.net, it will keep the messages under one contact.
                HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Originally posted by wpiman View Post
                  I send text messages no problem to my AT&T phones. The issue for us is that the texts always show up a different sender on the iphone... ie...

1 (410)000-292
                  1 (410)000-291

The messages are formatted:

FRM:wpimanxyz@verizon.net
                  MSG: The clothes are still in the washing machine. You need to change them so they don't get moldy.

I would love for them to show up in a single conversation. I think it is an AT*T thing. I use txt.att.net I believe.
                  LOLLOLLOL!

I have the same message, but I play it over the computer's speakers. I play the "airplane stall warning" .WAV and then announce:

"ATTENTION! The washer has been done for 15 minutes. CLOTHES ARE GETTING STINKY!"

Comment

Originally posted by wpiman View Post

For AT&T, using mms.att.net instead of txt.att.net allows the receiving party to get all current and future messages grouped together just like if each message was from a person. Try it!

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by outbackrob View Post
                      For AT&T, using mms.att.net instead of txt.att.net allows the receiving party to get all current and future messages grouped together just like if each message was from a person. Try it!

Rob
                      Oh awesome! Not only does it group messages together, but now I can send pics (mms) to my phone! For my motion detection on the front door, I was texting myself a message there was someone at the front door, but had to go to my emails to see the pics.

Thanks for the tip!
                      Mike

Comment

Tried This

Way back in this thread someone asked if I could send txt by using Windos Mail,, well I gave that a try and NO GO,, just to make sure the texting part of the Bell system was still working I went into Gmail & sent a txt to my phone & that worked fine.

I also use Avast antivirus scanner & I turned off the mail scanning service to give that a try and I still can not send text from HS ??

I am still at a loss on the msg I get in the log about the TO: & FROM: fields needing to have something in them ?? I don't know where that is that it's referring to. I have a default TO address & the FROM address filled in under HS set up e-mail section where I entered the SMTP info.???

Is there any other place in HS that requires this information that I have missed ?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                          Did you use Outlook Express by any chance in your last setup?
                          Sorry Rupp,, missed this question back in the first part of this thread, I am not sure BUT I think at one time I did have Outlook Express on the old machine, would this make a difference ?

Comment

Im Baffled

OK have reset Windows Live Mail and made sure it works, I can send & receive mail via this program in Windblows 7,, BUT I still get the same error message in HS and it will not send an e-mail notification ???

Has any one had this problem besides me with Win 7 ??

This is what I get:

25/04/2012 11:56:20 AM Event Event Trigger "Alarm Armed"
                            25/04/2012 11:56:20 AM Error Sending email using SMTP: At least one of the From or Sender fields is required, and neither was found.
                            25/04/2012 11:56:50 AM Error Sending email using SMTP: At least one of the From or Sender fields is required, and neither was found.
                            25/04/2012 11:57:20 AM Error Sending email using SMTP: At least one of the From or Sender fields is required, and neither was found.
                            25/04/2012 11:57:50 AM Error Sending email using SMTP: At least one of the From or Sender fields is required, and neither was found.

I would like to get this working as I have depended on it for years before changing computers as I am away from home often, & it always had great success with HS before ???

Thanks Again

Comment

Just wondering if there would be any more options for me to try ???

I still have not gotten HS to send a text, this has only been since I switched to Windblows 7,,,

Any help please !!

Thanks

Comment

I don't have any Windows associated email programs loaded but here is my setup.

The first ss is from the Setup - Email tab and the second is an event trigger. Setup an event to test sending out emails. If you have a ISP, then you should have an email server.... go get the settings and use that config...

Hope that helps... Matt

You said you can't send emails or texts or both? Try to see if it will send a regular email with an event. Text Msg's can be funny and I spent a few days figuring out ATT and Verizon just started blocking certain SMS Text formats.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by mattm55; July 17, 2012, 11:36 AM. Reason: Added Text or Email?

Comment

Working...
                                X