Event retriggers during time when it "Cannot retrigger..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event retriggers during time when it "Cannot retrigger..."

I'm puzzled by an event retriggering within 60 seconds, even though I have it programmed so it cannot retrigger for 300 seconds. The trigger is the iAutomate RFID tag coming into range of the RFID reader. This will cause the garage door to open. Because the RFID reading tends to flicker (i.e., drop out of range and then come into range in a matter of seconds), I did not want the event to retrigger. So, I included the "cannot retrigger for 300 seconds". But it does retrigger. The actions after the trigger include a wait of 45 seconds and then the garage door is closed. Does anyone know that if the event has not yet completed its actions, it can re-trigger during that time frame? In other words, does the "cannot retrigger" time frame start after the entire event is completed? It seems that this is the case.
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

I've never had that happen. What do you mean by the event completing? If you mean completing all the actions, then I'd say no.

You could try deleting the event, restarting HS, then creating the event again from scratch to see if the re-triggering problem persists. There may have been a database glitch that is causing the problem.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Mike:

Thanks. I'll give this a try. Elliott
      "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023

Comment

After a bit more testing, I'd say the answer is "yes." "Cannot retrigger" starts when the event has completed all its actions. Before it has completed all its actions, the trigger can restart the event.

Comment

That's a surprise. Sort of defeats the purpose to my way of thinking.

Sounds like a question to put to HST directly, since they know how the internal structure really works.

As a work-around, you could have your primary event trigger a second event. Put the 'cannot retrigger' constraint on the first event and the delayed actions in the second.
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

This is interesting! It may explain why I've never been able to get my outside flood lights to work properly. The event has ON, wait 5 minutes, then OFF. I also have it wait 300 seconds before retriggering. I've never understood why the event would not retrigger after the lights shut OFF. Now I know. I'll rework the event!

Steve Q
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
            2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Working...
            X