UPnP support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPnP support?

Is there any UPnP support for Homeseer? I have a Grace Digital Internet Tuner that I would like to control as well as get metadata data from it as it supports Pandora. Currently I use Girder and display it using Netremote. Just looking towards the future to maybe use my HS2 I purchased but do not use at this time.
    John

Originally posted by jwilson56 View Post
    Is there any UPnP support for Homeseer? I have a Grace Digital Internet Tuner that I would like to control as well as get metadata data from it as it supports Pandora. Currently I use Girder and display it using Netremote. Just looking towards the future to maybe use my HS2 I purchased but do not use at this time.
    John, very recently, I started a new plugin for a Samsung TV, and while I was at it, I began to make it more and more generic for controlling UPnP.

You can find a version here (http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=53). It probably won't do anything for you except allow start/stop/pause but it has a button on its config screen which captures all your UPnP info. Would be interesting to get that info to me to see what your Tuner actually publishes.

I'm the author of the Sonos plugin and that product exposes almost everything via its UPnP interfaces. I've been very disappointed with my Samsung TV and my Onkyo receiver, which have a very limited UPnP interface to discover music on your LAN but nothing to control the device.

I have most functions from the Sonos plugin to pull out the track database, and let you select/play via homeseer/HST. Question will be, how much is accessible on your tuner and whether I can actually write enough generic functions to make it usable without the need for me to go and buy each UPnP device under the sun in order to test and/or customize.

If interested send me a private email dirk_at_famcorsus_dot_com

Dirk

Comment

Working...
    X