Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chamberlain MyQ

Evening All!

So most of the time, I search and find what I need here, but I've come to a halt. I was hoping someone might be able to help.

I have a Chamberlain MyQ enabled garage door opener and can't for the life of me get it to work with the LMF-20. It's wired parallel and wants to work, but I think the "smart" pad somehow is interfering. The LCD screen goes off, then back on again when I activate the z-wave relay.

Has anyone worked with this type of garage door opener? http://www.lowes.com/pd_349544-38782...ductId=3435902

Thanks for any help here.

I wonder if the wire is carrying a voltage for the LCD and this could be causing the issue. Does the door move at all?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Doesn't move at all. On the garage door opener itself, the up/down (depending on status) button flashes like it wants to, but doesn't.

Comment

I have sears that is similar in that it has two wires, but controls multiple funcitons through them; more than just up and down. I was concerned that a brief momentary closure of the contacts wouldn't work, but it did. I did a simple test:

Cross the contacts with a screwdriver or piece of wire for a very short period of time to simulate a switch push. I'm not familiar with an LMF 20, but if not set to momentay mode (brief closure), that might explain the results you are seeing. Contact closure modules can do momentary (garage door type opeartion) or full on (door strike operation). Ful

Paul
        Paul

Comment

hm, not sure if the LMF20 can do that. What I did was create an event with a 1 second off operation. So once the LMF20 is on, within 1 second it turns it off. I tried the wire short, very brief, very quick "touch" of the contacts and it still just blinked at me with no operation.

Comment

Dry contacts are common requirement. When I moved to my current house, there was a wire pair running from the garage to the house connected to a momentary switch for opening in the house (eg, not HomeAutomation). I would think that they would take that into account.

Are there extra terminals on the opener itself?
            Paul

Comment

None that I could find. Just the four total. Two for the button/lcd pad and two for the sensors. I guess my other option would be to connect the LMF20 directly to the button on the pad itself to simulate the button pushed. Not really the route I wanted to take as there is no power close

Comment

Originally posted by trankin79 View Post
                What I did was create an event with a 1 second off operation. So once the LMF20 is on, within 1 second it turns it off.
                This is the correct way of using this and it does work on a regular opener button.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

chamberlain is using communication over the wires to the keypad.. it can be a couple of things.. it could actually be serial communication or it may be an analog output that triggers it.. my keypad has the ability to turn on and off the light, open or close the garage door, lock it out, etc all over 2 wires.. this means it is more than just a dry contact closure...

I can do some investigation but my first guess is that they are using an analog input.. where each button creates a different level of resistance (voltage) back to the main board...

the other thought is they may be doing some time of Pulse modulation protocol similar to what a remote may do...

-Christopher
                  PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

Yea, same thing here. The pad has a lot of functionality in there.

Hopefully it's resistance, might be able to place a resistor between the lmf20 and the contacts?

And they finally emailed me back:
                    If you are trying to use an existing wall control, unfortunately it will not work. Since these units now use a serial encrypted technology the wall control also has to be serial encrypted, it is no longer an open close contact. On page 45 of the owner’s manual it shows the two wall controls that can be used with this model garage door opener. If you would like to use a seconds wall control you will have to use one of the two wall controls listed on page 45.

Sincerely,
                    Diana
                    Chamberlain Product Support

I guess I'm SOL here
                    Last edited by trankin79; January 9, 2012, 03:49 PM.

Comment

I have a similar GDO (sears). You can wire (solder) your dry contacts across the contacts for one of the little switches inside the the wall control.

Comment

Working...
                      X