No announcement yet.

Homeseer as security system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know I am late to the party here - but I have the GE Caddx alarm installed - I would NEVER use Homeseer as my security system, but I think that integrating it with Homeseer is a must.

Being able to drive events based upon alarm actions (i.e. turning on the lights in the house or sending out an e-mail when the alarm is disarmed).

Comment

Yes; relating to "life-saftey" concerns I keep the HAI OPII security stuff separate but do utilize the HAI OPII connectivity for "other stuff' and events.

I am though doing some sight and sound stuff/experimenting under my deck (not so much lately as its cold now outside) experimenting to keep rabbits away.

I am currently "testing" sending out X10 via the HAI panel to drive events on the Zoneminder box. Thats said the HS integration would be to know of a recorded event and play it back on one of the touchscreens which I kind of already do. As the Zoneminder box has been well documented and very tweakable; it makes a great security DVR (today with 8 analog and 8 IP cameras just doing fine).
      Last edited by Pete; December 19, 2012, 10:37 AM.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 20.04 / VB W7e Jetway JBC420U591
      Fanless IntelĀ® Celeron N3160 SoC 8Gb
      HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 20.04/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

I try to have everything that i have homeseer controlling that is essential to have a non homeseer backup option.

a few examples are:
        Security system - standard features work without homeseer but it is enhanced by it.

Lights - all lights have local wall control when homeseer is down
        Music - Locally operated keypads
        Cameras - dedicated 24/7 dvr - links to homeseer
        Door locks etc...

this allows everything to work without homeseer if it goes down. which from a WAF pov is a huge plus.

dsc or caddx is a good cheapish option. i had originally tinkered with x10 ds10's but am much happier with a real system.

just my .2 cts

raptor
        HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
        53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
        https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
          I try to have everything that i have homeseer controlling that is essential to have a non homeseer backup option.

a few examples are:
          Security system - standard features work without homeseer but it is enhanced by it.

Lights - all lights have local wall control when homeseer is down
          Music - Locally operated keypads
          Cameras - dedicated 24/7 dvr - links to homeseer
          Door locks etc...

this allows everything to work without homeseer if it goes down. which from a WAF pov is a huge plus.

dsc or caddx is a good cheapish option. i had originally tinkered with x10 ds10's but am much happier with a real system.

just my .2 cts

raptor
          This is how I have constructed my HS system. HS monitors and enhances, but for the most part, anything that is critical can be controlled with or without Homeseer.
          Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Working...
          X