No announcement yet.

Would like to add Homeseer as a 2nd controller to my Vera based Z-Wave network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would like to add Homeseer as a 2nd controller to my Vera based Z-Wave network

I have been using the Vera 2 for my Z-Wave network for a while now, but would like for Homeseer to have access to the status of my Z-Wave devices (such as my door lock, thermostat, etc.).

I tried adding Homeseer as a 2nd controller to my Vera, but haven't been able to do this so far. Is this doable? What's the correct procedure for doing this? Thanks!
    HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
    (aka xplosiv)
    Do You Cocoon? Home Automation News, Tutorials, Reviews, Forums & Chat

Comment

So you tell the primary controller to search for a new Z-Wave device, then use the 'Include' button on the web interface? Tried this several times without any results.
      HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
      (aka xplosiv)
      Do You Cocoon? Home Automation News, Tutorials, Reviews, Forums & Chat

Comment

I add devices as usual on House Control. When added to the network, I transfere the device to the secondary controller (Homeseer).

On House control I add Homeseer,( on Vera I guess it must something like replicate send) and on Homeseer I press "Replicate Receive"

It works fine. Even with devices House Control don't understand. House Control and Homeseer don't understand each other though.

Comment

Originally posted by electron View Post
          I have been using the Vera 2 for my Z-Wave network for a while now, but would like for Homeseer to have access to the status of my Z-Wave devices (such as my door lock, thermostat, etc.).

I tried adding Homeseer as a 2nd controller to my Vera, but haven't been able to do this so far. Is this doable? What's the correct procedure for doing this? Thanks!

Here is the process for getting this working: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1021471

Comment

Working...
          X