• Time
  • Show
Clear All

new zwave bulb

Very cool. Hope they Get this out soon
    http://www.theverge.com/2012/1/13/27...fujikom-ledenq
    Running HS PRO V2.5.0.49 & HS Pro V2.5.0.51

$100 for a 60 watt bulb. Ouch.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

At least it's a start. Isn't this what Google was talking about a year ago, putting the control in the bulb? Makes sense but the price has to come down...way down. This could be a huge hit once they get down to the $40 range.
      Bryan
      Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
      Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

I don't see it. Who wants to throw away the switch each time the bulb dies. Plus these bulbs rarely last any where near the reported bulb life.

Comment

Aw, come on Rupp, think how much fun you can have changing the color of the lights when you have company....

"Wasn't that light yellow when I got here?"
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
            Aw, come on Rupp, think how much fun you can have changing the color of the lights when you have company....

"Wasn't that light yellow when I got here?"
            I guess my age is catching up with me. If I wanted yellow light I'd put in one of the "bug" lights

Comment

I'm usually of the "control everything just because you can" mindset, but this makes no sense to me. The insane price notwithstanding (I won't even pay $20 for an LED bulb today), why would you want or need to control every single bulb separately? Current homes are built with pretty logical groupings of bulbs on a switch. It makes sense to keep it that way, or at least keep the groupings, and still wire multiple bulbs together but do away with the wall switch.

I think this is definitely a case of a solution in search of a problem. With that said, I am in favor of having color changing dimmable bulbs. I just think that the control belongs in a central spot, not in the disposable bulb.
              HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
              Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
              Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
              Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

This makes sense in the long run. LED lights should last a LONG time, and control logic should become a commodity.
                HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Originally posted by wpiman View Post
                  This makes sense in the long run. LED lights should last a LONG time, and control logic should become a commodity.
                  I've not seen any indication of the "commodity" prices getting any less. Quite contrary, the switch prices continue to rise.

Comment

This is one instance where I find myself in total agreement with Rupp. A $100 light bulb is simply never going to go mainstream. It's always going to be a novelty, and thus, the price will remain high. Besides, even if the light output is equivalent to a 60W bulb, in many applications, this simply isn't enough.
                    Most people want ON/OFF. Few need dimming and even fewer have ever heard of Z-Wave. Color change... A party trick.

An LED produces a single color. They'd have to be producing different colors by turning on combinations of various LED arrays. I'd rather have more light output... White... by using all of the arrays... White... at once.

I get strange looks from people when I tell them I paid $50 + for a light switch. If anyone found out I paid $100 for a bulb, they'd lock me up!
                    Thanks, but I'll be sticking with good old fashioned incands for as long as I can.
                    Last edited by Wadenut; January 16, 2012, 07:24 AM.
                    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                      I've not seen any indication of the "commodity" prices getting any less. Quite contrary, the switch prices continue to rise.
                      I agree with this comment. While CFLs and LED prices are falling because of the impending ban on incandescent bulbs, price of electrical wiring components have really increased!

Steve Q
                      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

I wouldn't pay that kind of money for one... however, I'm liking this next generation LED bulb...

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/next-genera...005810274.html

Rob
                        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I saw Switch Lighting promos a month or so and am anxious to test one of their upcoming 100w equivalent LED bulbs. I've tried a few others in the past and always went back to good ole incandescent. I've even been stocking up a bit on them in case nothing reasonable comes out before they are no longer available. As much as I'd like to save a bit of energy the product has to work first. Too many companies have gone "green" with all kinds of outlandish claims and it's only real meaning was the amount of green they managed to siphon off of government and consumers, you know us. I for one am a lot more skeptical about "green" these days and need proof, not advertising.
                          Marty
                          ------
                          XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
                          Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Now that looks more promising.
                            I wonder if the company will be around in 25 yrs to recycle their bulbs (I probably won't be). By then, there'll be something else available.
                            Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Yes, the price is painful, hopefully when the controllers (z-troller) etc are updated to support the colour class the remote won't be needed so you could just buy the bulbs on their own. These would be brilliant to use in my Bar, imagine every time we have a theme party i can automatically change the colour of the lighting to match! That would be very cool. Just not at that price!
                              Running HS PRO V2.5.0.49 & HS Pro V2.5.0.51

Comment

Working...
                              X