HomeSeer Integration with DSC panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer Integration with DSC panel

I have a DSC PC1616 panel, which is simply a lower grade panel from the 1832 or 1864 panels that are supposed to integrate with HomeSeer.

Is everyone here fairly sure that the HomeSeer DSC plugin will absolutely NOT work with the DSC PC1616 panel? Because the IT-100 interface card supposedly does work with all powerseries DSC panels.

If it is the case the my panel will not work, then do I simply get another board like the 1832 or the 1864, and put it in the metal box, and rewire the thing to my existing system? My system should be fairly simple, since all I have are three wireless sensors - a door sensor, two glass breaks, and one motion sensor.

We've just begun selling the DSC line (today!) at this link:
    http://store.homeseer.com/store/DSC-C235.aspx

I believe the 1616 panel should work just fine provided you have the IT-100 interface.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by orthoman View Post
      I have a DSC PC1616 panel, which is simply a lower grade panel from the 1832 or 1864 panels that are supposed to integrate with HomeSeer.
      The PC1616 is still a power series unit, just limited in the total number of zones that it supports total. The manual I just checked does show the PC5401 interface as being a supported module for the PC1616. I agree with Macromark that it should work with the IT-100 as well. As far as I know, the IT-100 came out after the PC5401.

If you do go this route, make sure that you utilize a standard serial port. My attempts at using a USB to Serial adapter provided inconsistent functionality. Once I switched, I have had great results.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by karls View Post
        If you do go this route, make sure that you utilize a standard serial port. My attempts at using a USB to Serial adapter provided inconsistent functionality. Once I switched, I have had great results.

Steve
        Just to add an different experience. I am using my DSC connection on a USB to Serial converter and it has been working very well for the past year or so.

Not saying that will be everyone's experience and if I had enough "real" serial ports I would have gone down that route as well, but that wasn't an option for me.
        Nicolai L

Comment

ok thanks for all the replies. That for sure would save me ninety bucks.

However, currently I am not even sure if HomeSeer is going to work for me, because I am having a devil of a time getting connected to the web server remotely.

I have done everything - I have read all the posts, and the articles, and learned how to port forward everything, and still, I can connect maybe once or twice a day. The rest of the time, the conenction just times out.

I guess it's on to call the internet service provider - again.

Comment

Originally posted by orthoman View Post
            ok thanks for all the replies. That for sure would save me ninety bucks.

However, currently I am not even sure if HomeSeer is going to work for me, because I am having a devil of a time getting connected to the web server remotely.

I have done everything - I have read all the posts, and the articles, and learned how to port forward everything, and still, I can connect maybe once or twice a day. The rest of the time, the conenction just times out.

I guess it's on to call the internet service provider - again.
            Are there any errors in the HomeSeer.log file showing issues when you are attempting to connect?
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
            X