I feel stupid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel stupid

I was having trouble with my new install, and somewhere i read about changing the account access from admin to something else, and now I cannot get into the setup portion of the menu, because I guess none of my account access includes administrative capabilites. So, seeing no way out of this, I reinstalled the software, and apparently the same user accounts and passwords are still in there!

So, how to I get back into my setup menu?

Thanks
    CW

In the \config directory there is a file "Users.cfg". With HS shut down, rename this to something like users.old then start Homeseer. The default user names should be recreated. Once this is done you can safely delete the old file.
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

don't feel stupid...I buggered up my users stuff a few days ago. luckily had a .old file, so I did the trick that wadenut just mentioned. Except I deleted my "bad" users.cfg and renamed my .old. I had to recreate a few accounts (since I was too lazy to get the users.cfg from backup...like an idiot...but it was easier to delete rename than open explorer and navigate to the users.cfg.

Wow...how bad is that? Easier to recreate user accounts from memory than use a backup file.

*sigh*

--Dan
      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by orthoman View Post
        I was having trouble with my new install, and somewhere i read about changing the account access from admin to something else, and now I cannot get into the setup portion of the menu, because I guess none of my account access includes administrative capabilites. So, seeing no way out of this, I reinstalled the software, and apparently the same user accounts and passwords are still in there!

So, how to I get back into my setup menu?

Thanks
        CW
        I've been there before! ;-)
        Nicolai L

Comment

I admit I spoke from experience too. Normally, HS won't let you delete the last Admin account, but I've made it happen.
          Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

OK thanks guys you made me feel a littlebetter.

My solution was to remove the program and reinstall.

Crude, but it worked.

CW

Comment

Working...
            X