Everspring ST814 - cannot add to Z-Troller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everspring ST814 - cannot add to Z-Troller

I am trying to join an Everspring ST814 to my network using Z-Troller.

Although I get the link indicator on the ST814 (after pressing the link button 3 times within 1.5 seconds) the Z-Troller does not see it. I have tried deleting before adding and I get the same result. The Z-Troller continues to say "Add" or "Del" as if nothing is happening.

I've tried 2 sets of new batteries in the ST814. I know the Z-Troller is ok as I added 2 other Z-wave devices the same day without any issues. The Z-Troller has been within 1 foot of the ST814 during each attempt.

This is my second ST814. The first one is working fine and will identify itself to the Z-Troller (scan mode then press link button 3 times) so I am wondering if the new ST814 is faulty?

Sounds like you may have a bad unit.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Have you tried doing a manufacturers reset (can't remember the command sequence for this, but it is in the manual).

You could also try an exclusion before you try the inclusion.

Basically, what I am getting at, is that if the device have ever been configured before then it will not allow itself to be added to another network before being removed from the old network.

I seem to remember that the ST814 have a sequence of blinking that would indicate it is not part of a network (should be documented in the manual).
      Nicolai L

Comment

Rupp: Thanks for confirming my suspicion. I will contact the sales team for instructions.

NicolaiL: Yes, I've tried excluding and then including. I just tried the reset procedure, thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately no difference.

Comment

I am very dissapointed in the unit I received and thinking of sending it back. It worked about 12 hours and then stopped. I then got it to work again after rebooting while dooing some other things and it reported one time and it has not reported again. It is within 10' of the Z-Troller. It is at my vacation house.

Comment

Originally posted by jgary View Post
            I am very dissapointed in the unit I received and thinking of sending it back. It worked about 12 hours and then stopped. I then got it to work again after rebooting while dooing some other things and it reported one time and it has not reported again. It is within 10' of the Z-Troller. It is at my vacation house.
            I had the same issue, but found that once I manually created an association on Group 1 between the root device and HS then it magically sprang into life.
            Nicolai L

Comment

Yep, these work quite well but the association is imperative. This typically take place automatically if the device adds properly.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
                I had the same issue, but found that once I manually created an association on Group 1 between the root device and HS then it magically sprang into life.
                Once I get back to the remote house maybe I will understand this a lot better. Right now I can not access the device, therefore it's a bit difficult. Is this documented in any of the instructions so I can see how it is created? I left the paper work that came with the device at the remote house. Somehow I missed needing to associate the root device in setting up the device. I look forward to getting this baby up and working. Thanks - Gary

Comment

I overcame my ST814 problems

My ST814 stopped communicating after 9 months. I got an exchange unit and this works fine. I did have quite a problem getting the Z-Stick controller to include it though. The manual says that the "L" indicator should flash at the start of inclusion, my one did not. I had to have lots of 3 presses on the F/C button before the Z-Stick eventually saw it. I now get regular temp/humidity readings but quite a few "Aborting Z-Wave send, taking too long to send command to node 34 waited 2 seconds" messages. Still, progress!! I hope this helps, good luck with yours.

Comment

Working...
                  X