Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Event trigger from FortrezZ WWA-02 water alarm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event trigger from FortrezZ WWA-02 water alarm?

I'm pulling my hair out. I can't get my FortrezZ WWA-02 to trigger an event. What am I missing? The log shows "Water Alarm Status set to IN ALARM (255)" and "Water Alarm Status set to ALARM CLEARED (0)". I have tried device status changes and device value changes with no luck. Any ideas? Thanks!

How are you defining the Value Change trigger? (Looks like you need to trigger on 255 and 0 respectively).

I take it you have checked all the obvious like making sure the event is not disabled and so on?

Is there anything else set up on the trigger that could limit it from firing?
    Nicolai L

Comment

How does your device status look? Do you have 5 children per below? I assume associations to HS are set as you have the log entries. Are you triggering on the alarm? One of the events I use is below and emails me an alarm on or off. The received email will have in its subject either: Kitchen Leak Detector Water: OK; or, Kitchen Leak Detector Water: Alarm.
      (I use Status in the email as it's more meaningful than Value that only reports 0 or 255). Hope that helps. ( I should add that I have WWA-01's, so I hope they work similarly enough to the WWA-02's that you have).
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Olbrit; January 24, 2012, 09:17 PM.
      All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

I only have 5 devices; root, water, temp, heat and battery. No freeze. I tried removing the node and re-adding it with the same result.

I also noticed I get these same log entries 3 times after I trigger the water alarm unit: "Aborting Z-Wave send, taking too long to send command to node 30 waited 2 seconds" and "Send abort status received."

Comment

Originally posted by scubajamie View Post
          I only have 5 devices; root, water, temp, heat and battery. No freeze. I tried removing the node and re-adding it with the same result.

I also noticed I get these same log entries 3 times after I trigger the water alarm unit: "Aborting Z-Wave send, taking too long to send command to node 30 waited 2 seconds" and "Send abort status received."
          Sounds like you might (also) have a few issues with your ZWave network. Have you run the Node Audit, and the Optimisation routines sucessfully?
          Nicolai L

Comment

I agree with NicolaiL's suggestions. Also, for testing purposes, I suggest you place the WWA-02 next to your Controller/Interface. With my WWA-01's I found they are fussy about the sequence I use to keep them awake for scanning and optimizing, and typically work by pressing the button for 2 seconds, letting go for 2 seconds, then pressing for 2 seconds, etc. Then I find the 3.6v batteries to be awful and they either arrive discharged, or don't last long - I power my WWA-01's successfully with two external 1.5v AA batteries in series.
            If you delete the 4 children, wake up the WWA-02 and rescan, do the children get created ok with no error in the log?
            All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

I appreciate the help!

Olbrit, I set up my event just like yours with no luck. Ran a full node rescan and optimization with no problems thanks to your keep awake suggestion. I also removed the 4 children and they came back with the rescan. The heat alarm still shows a "unknown" status.

I'm beginning to wonder if I might have a defective unit.

Comment

You can try (at your own risk, I'm no expert!): tools/control panel/ immediate script command: &hs.setdevicestring "y12", " " to fix the unknown status, where y12 should be replaced with the code for your heat alarm and see if that sets it back to OK.

When you put the WWA-02 contacts in water does the status change on the HS screen to Alarm at all, or maybe after a screen refresh?

I sent back 2 or 3 units before thinking they were defective, but I really believe the batteries were to blame - as soon as I converted to external 2x 1.5v AA's, I never had a problem again (touch wood).

Also, you could still be right and your units are defective!

Comment

I'm going to try a new unit. If that doesn't work, I'll find another solution. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again for your help Olbrit and NicolaiL!

Comment

Same sort of thing ....

I've got a WWA02AA. I've added it twice with the same results.
                    Root device and 4 child devices are added. One child device is the water alarm. I've looked at additional information and noted what changes when it gets wet. All that changes is the "String" field. How doies one trigger an event based on a string changing. Screen shots of additional information are attached.
                    Attached Files

Comment

If you do the same as this: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...57&postcount=3 does it not work? (Z-Wave Alarm Sensor Q18, in my example).

Comment

saw that but:
                        Something has changed because
                        I Don't see how:
                        a) String changes not value (remains 100) see attachment
                        b) event on status change does not allow for specific values
                        c) no change in status

Comment

Ok then, that is odd. I checked my 4 FortrezZ WWA-01s and an Everspring ST812 and they each have addnl info per below. None have anything in String and both their Status and Value change when water is sensed. Maybe the WWA-02s are different entirely?
                          If it were on issue in my network, I'd delete the children (I know you've done it twice already), put the WWA-02 by the Controller, keep it awake by vigorously tapping the button and then do a rescan, in the hope that the children would be established slightly differently. I don't see how it can work if the Status and Value don't change between dry and wet.
                          (If you bought it from HS, you can get support for 30 days I believe).
                          Attached Files

Comment

Did this get resolved? I am having a similar issue. I recently added 3 WWA-02AA's to my network and I can see them sucessfully reporting a change to IN ALARM to Homeseer (in the log at least, the web page still shows "OK" for status), but I have not been able to get that change to trigger an event. I have tried various combinations (i.e. set to any status, set to value, set to value greater than, etc.). Any thoughts?

Comment

After much experimenting, here is what I found. The FortrezZ WWA-01s don't seem to be sending the STATUS or the VALUE parameters to Homeseer, or Homeseer isn't properly receiving them, when there is a water leak trigger. The STRING parameter is changing as mentioned earlier in this thread. But Homeseer doesn't trigger on the string change for Zwave devices. The FortrezZ WWA-01s are sending the Temperature Child device a change of VALUE when the water alert is on and Homeseer can trigger on this.

So as a workaround, I set up an event in Homeseer on the Temperature change of VALUE (actually on another child device, q20) and within a script I checked the STRING in the Water Alarm child device, q18. The STRING on the water alert remains "OK" unless there is a water alert in progress. Example:

' Check Washing Machine (snippet within a script triggered by VALUE change in device q20)
                              ' Check that the Water Alert status is not OK, and set OUTSTRING to report
                              ' Later in the script use the OUTSTRING to send SMS and email messages.

s=hs.DeviceString("q18")

if left(s,2) <> "OK" then
                              outstring = "Washing Machine Water Detector (6) has reported " & s & " at " & TIME
                              end if

I would love for the Homeseer guys to troubleshoot why the VALUE change is not being sent or captured for the Water Alert. It would avoid the workaround presented above.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X