Clear All

• Olbrit
    replied
    Fantastic, thank you Mr Happy!

Leave a comment:

• mrhappy
    replied
    Originally posted by Olbrit View Post
    Hi Mr Happy, sorry to bother you, but I would really appreciate, if you have the time, if you were able to scare up that K8055 plug-in.

Many thanks in anticipation!
    I have just recompiled the sourcecode as I deleted the old plugin file as I no longer use the board so what is attached should work. I've attached what I think works here but let me know if it does not work and I will connect the board back up and I will get a version that works to you.

The K8055 DLL I included was the one I kept in the plugin folder so I guess this was the DLL I found to be the most stable (the later versions had a leak with the ability to search for devices, although I have not checked there might be a new version out).
    Last edited by mrhappy; August 17, 2012, 09:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Olbrit
    replied
    Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
    It's about in a thread on here somewhere, if you were considering I can dig it up...
    Hi Mr Happy, sorry to bother you, but I would really appreciate, if you have the time, if you were able to scare up that K8055 plug-in.

Many thanks in anticipation!

Leave a comment:

• Olbrit
    replied
    Perfect, yes, that was the view I was hoping for and I can just hide the channels I don't use.
    No rush at all, but if you do come across your plug-in at some time I am definitely thinking that the Phidgets solution will fit my needs nicely. Thank you again.

Leave a comment:

• mrhappy
    replied
    Originally posted by Olbrit View Post
    Very interesting and helpful, thank you Mrhappy and Pete, I'll research both suggestions.

Where do I get your K8055 plug-in, Mrhappy, and do you by any chance have any screenshots of how the devices and configuration appear in HS? It may be my brain freeze, but I couldn't see it in the HS plug-in page. $50 seems not unreasonable and I am comfortable assembling it from a kit. Thanks again.
    It's about in a thread on here somewhere, if you were considering I can dig it up - it is not in the updater though. It does however rely on a DLL from Velleman and last I knew the latest DLL does have a couple of issues but none the less appears relatively stable. This is a screen shot of the devices and how they present themselves in HS.

I would probably say though that a Phidgets board is likely to represent better value for money @ $78, 8 digital ins, 8 digital outs and 8 analogue inputs.
    Last edited by mrhappy; August 17, 2012, 10:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Olbrit
    replied
    Great suggestion, thanks Jon. I will add this to my bedtime reading and research.

BTW, I'm struggling finding the list of free HS plug-ins and just get a 404 error. Are you guys seeing it ok?
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Another option would be to look at the Phidgets range of boards with free HS plugin : http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=140060

Leave a comment:

• Olbrit
    replied
    Very interesting and helpful, thank you Mrhappy and Pete, I'll research both suggestions.

Where do I get your K8055 plug-in, Mrhappy, and do you by any chance have any screenshots of how the devices and configuration appear in HS? It may be my brain freeze, but I couldn't see it in the HS plug-in page. $50 seems not unreasonable and I am comfortable assembling it from a kit. Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    You can also give the CAI webcontrol device a try.

http://www.cainetworks.com/products/...ntrol-faq.html

Leave a comment:

• mrhappy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Olbrit
    replied
    ok thanks Robert, I will research those...
    Much appreciated. Any other suggestions folks?

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    If you have acrf2 plugin, DS10's and some opto couplers, it would satisfy you need.

Robert

Leave a comment:

• Olbrit
    replied
    Thanks for the suggestions Mrhappy. I have all ZWave and I'd rather not add X10. I researched using windings around magnets, opto-couplers, relays, etc., and I reckon I can quite easily either provide 24VAC On/Off to an 'interface', or use 24VAC relays to provide open/close to an 'interface'. Where I'm having total brain freeze is understanding what 'interface' and plug-in for my HomeTroller to use that are cheap but reliable alternatives to the Global Cache devices!

As an additional thought, it would be great if this 'interface' could be 2-way, such that I could, for instance, switch on the fan from HS that would allow 24VAC to be applied to the appropriate fan wire...

Leave a comment:

• mrhappy
    replied
    If you use X10 can you not use a couple of poweflashes or similar (may need a couple of additional relays if they are 24V though) or any of the other contact closure technology available - which there are lots of options out there...

Leave a comment:

• Olbrit
    started a topic Monitoring Dehumidifier Statuses

Monitoring Dehumidifier Statuses

I have a whole house dehumidifier and I want to monitor its fresh air vent damper, compressor and fan statuses. I can connect 5 wires to these 3x terminals and the 2x 24AC supply wires in the controller and bring them back to my HomeTroller and I would like to know how to get the statuses in HS. Can anyone confirm that what I need is:
    - 3 Global Cache GC-SP1 AC/DC voltage sensors (for fresh air vent damper, compressor and fan statuses)
    - 1 Global Cache GC-100-6 NW IR Controller
    - PI-GC100 HomeSeer Plug-in

But these seem quite expensive, do you have suggestions for cheaper alternatives? Thank you!
Working...
X