HTML 5 Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HTML 5 Gauge

I just wanted to share a screen capture of a Web Dashboard I am working on.
    The screen captures were taken from IE 9.0

The gauge is built using HTML 5, JavaScript and CSS. IE 9, Google Chrome, any browser that supports HTML 5 canvas element.
    No wonder why SilverLight and Flash are dying.

I did not write the original code see: http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/...vas-Aqua-Gauge

I just wrote a asp.net page to get HomeSeer values displayed on the gauges.
    Anyone can do the same thing by downloading the source from codeproject and then make your own .asp pages.

There are many properties you can change to make the gauge look different.

Please Note: The gauge does not work in HSTouch.
    Attached Files

Those look pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

HTML5 is exciting news but until all browsers support all (or at least most) of the HTML5 features it's going to be difficult to produce a robust interface such that Flash and Silverlight can offer. In addition HTML 5 will have to add many more features to replace Silverlight/Flash.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        HTML5 is exciting news but until all browsers support all (or at least most) of the HTML5 features it's going to be difficult to produce a robust interface such that Flash and Silverlight can offer. In addition HTML 5 will have to add many more features to replace Silverlight/Flash.
        While I agree HTML 5 has a long way to go on several fronts.

The major players are already backing HTML 5, JavaScript and CSS 3.
        Microsoft Windows 8 Metro UI does not support browser plug-ins. SL is a browser plug-in.
        SL 5 was just released but not a word about SL 6

Adobe no longer develops flash for mobile devices(announced in November 2011) and is backing HTML 5, JavaScript, CSS3.

Apple of course does not support Flash but does support HTML 5, JS and CSS3 on their new hardware.

Even third party control vendors such as Telerik are pushing HTML 5.
        Last edited by ; January 25, 2012, 08:29 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by technerd View Post
          While I agree HTML 5 has a long way to go on several fronts.

The major players are already backing HTML 5, JavaScript and CSS 3.
          Microsoft Windows 8 Metro UI does not support browser plug-ins. SL is a browser plug-in.
          SL 5 was just released but not a word about SL 6

Adobe no longer develops flash for mobile devices(announced in November 2011) and is backing HTML 5, JavaScript, CSS3.

Apple of course does not support Flash but does support HTML 5, JS and CSS3 on their new hardware.

Even third party such as Telerik are pushing HTML 5.
          Yep, I agree but try getting customers to upgrade browsers is like moving a mountain so Silverlight will contine to work for years as will Flash. For personal use, the new HTML 5 is a good start but give it a try on mobile browsers. The support is as full of holes as swiss cheese. Hopefully one of the mobile browsers will move to the fore front on full support but time will tell.
          Keep up the good work because we need more people to adopt this and push this technology.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

any way to change the default browser that HStouch uses? Specifically Windows Mobile?

--Dan
            Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Working...
            X