HA14WD switches reporting incorrectly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HA14WD switches reporting incorrectly

I bought a bunch of the HA14WD ZWave switches when HST was closing them out a while back. I love them and they're working great except for one quirk. When I manually control them they often report brightness incorrectly.

Here's an example. The switches DO report to HS when toggled manually. They also ramp up and down, so when you toggle the light on it will ramp up from 0% to 100% in a couple of seconds. I really like this feature.

The problem is that it seems to report to HS its brightness level somewhere in this ramp-up or ramp-down period. I just manually turned on my porch lights and looked at the status in HS. It showed correctly that status changed at 8:19 PM but only showed brightness at 22%. On the next poll (which I do every 60 seconds) it correctly showed 100%.

Has anyone else experienced this, and is it specific to the WD switches? I love these because they're relatively cheap and do the job, but I would like to solve this issue if possible.
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

I have several of the switches and are experiencing the exact same issue. Haven't figured out how to fix it. A lot of my switches report 2% or 5%.

Comment

Working...
    X