Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you are still considering HomeSeer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are still considering HomeSeer...

Well, after only using HomeSeer for about 4 months, I have to say that it is by far the best thing I have ever invested in.

I've never seen such good software/hardware that allows so many developers to make plugins for almost every aspect of home automation.

Actually, it kind of reminds me of Apple. They make the hard/software and then developers make the good apps, and with a great community to back it up, they come out on top.

It's amazing really, that for only ~$2,000, I've got over 32 different light switches all accessible from anywhere in the world (INSTEON Plugin), access to my alarm system from anywhere in the world (Vista Alarm Plugin), all the iPads and touch screens in the house running the same user-designed interface (HSTouch Designer = Brilliance!), an irrigation system that I installed myself for ~$300 that will irrigate the lawn based on the weather! (thanks to mcsSprinklers/EZFLORA), complete remote control of 3 different thermostats that I didn't think was possible as my house doesn't have the 24V "C" wire, yet thanks to the 2GIG Zstat, remote thermostat operation is a piece of cake!. I can even lock and unlock all the doors in the house remotely!

To think that last year this was such a simple house here in New Orleans, and now it's the most advanced house around, all thanks to HomeSeer and all the wonderful people on the forum!

Sorry for the long message, but if you're considering HomeSeer, go with it.

I leave you guys with one question:

What do you love most about HomeSeer?

- Brandon

I love the flexibility that homeseer provides to home automation. Basic things are included like device control, events etc. But with the power of scripting and plugins the abilities can be expanded so much.

But by far more important than the above, is the community built around homeseer, or that homeseer was built around. If all homeseer did was provide a service that was locked, i doubt it would have grown as strong and powerful as it has, if someone has a problem they can go to the community and get real help. Not because someone has been paid to do it, but because people are willing to help, to teach others and further develop the system.

This desire to further grow the system is evident by the many free plugins created by people because they can, they want to, the people like CFGUY, Jon00, and many many many many others.

So if you ask me what i love about homeseer, it is the community that supports it and helps it grow!
    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

I was thinking that myself. Had it not been for the forum and all of the wonderful people using/developing for HomeSeer, I would be wrapped up in wires and banging my head against the wall!

Comment

And its addictive as hell, too.

Comment

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
          And its addictive as hell, too.

I thought HA was Home Automation... but now it's more like Homeseer Anonomous!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffCharger View Post
            +1000

I LOVE that one!
            -Skybolt

Comment

Originally posted by JeffCharger View Post
              very true!

Comment

I guess I will join the love fest too. Hi, I'm Don and I'm a Home Automation Junkie.
                Don

Comment

Just one more, then I promise I'll quit
                  Paul

Comment

Working...
                  X