Heatmiser - 12V PRT-N Thermostat support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heatmiser - 12V PRT-N Thermostat support

I have a Homeseer system, mainly controlling lights, door/window sensors, smoke alarms and proximity detectors. I also have a Wavin supplied Heatmiser wet underfloor heating system with a UH1 wiring centre and 16 x PRT-N 12v thermostats. The challenge I'm about to take on is to integrate this system with the Homeseer software through a plugin. My plugin will be dependent initially on use of the NC601 (TCPIP <-> RS484) converter.

Just wanted to gauge if there was any interest from anyone else with a similar setup that may have to offer themselves up as guinea pigs, or, understand if there's any slight variations that I should take into consideration when designing the software.

-Dave

I am not far from you!

Hi Dave

I live in Heckfield, just north of H Wintney. Just seen your message.I have integrated my HS system with my central heating system. I can control my CH system from HS. I have 3 setpoints per day. I have both the usual dumb analogue roomstat, and a digital one, using an HSM/100. I wrote my own set of scripts to control everything. I also wrote a simple data logging set of scripts to monitor temperatures, including the outside temperature. Would this help you?

Regards
    Derek

Comment

Hi Dave

I have a client who is having a Heat Miser installed and so far I have had to tell him I can't integrate with it. I would be keen to see your plugin developed.

Regards
      NicolaiL
      Nicolai L

Comment

Originally posted by Derek Prior View Post
        Hi Dave

I live in Heckfield, just north of H Wintney. Just seen your message.I have integrated my HS system with my central heating system. I can control my CH system from HS. I have 3 setpoints per day. I have both the usual dumb analogue roomstat, and a digital one, using an HSM/100. I wrote my own set of scripts to control everything. I also wrote a simple data logging set of scripts to monitor temperatures, including the outside temperature. Would this help you?

Regards
        Derek
        Derek, thanks for the offer. Does any of your setup include talking RS232/RS485 to any of the components? Right now, I'm working on the code to talk the Heatmiser language to interrogate the thermostats. Having some success in obtaining readings, so working on writing settings.

Comment

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
          Hi Dave

I have a client who is having a Heat Miser installed and so far I have had to tell him I can't integrate with it. I would be keen to see your plugin developed.

Regards
          NicolaiL
          Nicolai,

Interesting.. do their thermostats come back to a wiring centre ? Which one ?

Will keep you posted.

Dave

Comment

Did it work?

Dave,

I am about to install underfloor heating and I would really like it to talk to my Homeseer so I can read temperatures and set room thermostats. Were you able to get your Heatmiser to interface with homeseer?

Thanks

Will

Comment

Hi there. No I didn't get to interface with Homeseer. I'm currently investing some efforts interfacing with Fibaro HC2 although that has its own set of challenges. In doing so, I've built a 'gateway' using .NET Microframework hardware (FEZ Spider) and some C# and that's talking to the Heatmiser thermostats.

That aside.. You could use the Fibaro Universal Sensor ZWave module to monitor temperatures. I've made quite a few probes using Dallas DS18B20's of which you can connect four to a 'sensor'. I then strap them to my manifold flow/return pipes so I can read the temperatures.

Comment

Thanks

Dave,

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions. My plan is to have a unit that works autonomously but could be controlled and queried by Homeseer, my lovely wife is convinced it will break down in the middle of winter when I'm out of the country, she would appear to be very wise. I may move back to a less sophisticated option using the Horstmann HRT4-ZW that seems to have built a little track record.

Will

Comment

Working...
                X