Script idea/request - Campaign calls to voicemail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Script idea/request - Campaign calls to voicemail

I have HSPro and the PCI modem with Netcallid box.

Currently i have all "Unknown" or "out of area" calls going to voicemail after one ring.. (treat as private caller box checked in the address book)

This works well..

But with the campaign coming up.. we're getting a lot of calls from caller id's like "Survey Ohio", "United Auto Workers", and the ever popular... "Centers for promoting the election of clowns to congress", etc....

I'd like to have an event that i could trigger with an X10 keychain that would do the following:

1) answer call on next ring and put to voicemail.
    2) add caller ID to the address book, with the "treat caller as private caller" box checked.... (because.. some of these folks are persistant... and call again in a few hours...)

Is this possible?
    Regards,

Andrew B.

I have always wanted a 'Send 110V back through the phone line' capability
    Paul

Comment

Paul,

Wouldn't be hard, phone lines are already -75V :-)
      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by pbibm View Post
        I have always wanted a 'Send 110V back through the phone line' capability
        Why so gentle? I think a way to deliver a 50kV spike would be my preference.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by ArbWare View Post
          I'd like to have an event that i could trigger with an X10 keychain that would do the following:

1) answer call on next ring and put to voicemail.
          2) add caller ID to the address book, with the "treat caller as private caller" box checked.... (because.. some of these folks are persistant... and call again in a few hours...)

Is this possible?
          Andrew,

I can't speak to the idea of answering the call to voicemail with HSPhone. I've used some of the HSPhone API in SnevlCID, and my impression is you can't do what you are asking. I think you can force the modem to take the phone off hook, but you can't trigger the answering machine function. I may be wrong.

I don't know if you use SnevlCID, but your idea has me thinking of something one could do directly with SnevlCID. I've got some internal routines that are actually exposed externallly but I've never mentioned. One performs the "dump" of the call (for a blocked caller), and another adds a phone number to the "blocked" list. It would be easy to write a quick script (to be executed in an event triggered by a keychain remote, for example) that would dump the call and add the caller to the blocked list.

I know it doesn't solve the exact same problem as you are talking about, but it's close (but only for those who use SnevlCID).

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
            Andrew,

I can't speak to the idea of answering the call to voicemail with HSPhone. I've used some of the HSPhone API in SnevlCID, and my impression is you can't do what you are asking. I think you can force the modem to take the phone off hook, but you can't trigger the answering machine function. I may be wrong.

I don't know if you use SnevlCID, but your idea has me thinking of something one could do directly with SnevlCID. I've got some internal routines that are actually exposed externallly but I've never mentioned. One performs the "dump" of the call (for a blocked caller), and another adds a phone number to the "blocked" list. It would be easy to write a quick script (to be executed in an event triggered by a keychain remote, for example) that would dump the call and add the caller to the blocked list.

I know it doesn't solve the exact same problem as you are talking about, but it's close (but only for those who use SnevlCID).

Steve
            Steve,

I'd be interested in having that capability.

Brady

Comment

Originally posted by jbbtex View Post
              Steve,

I'd be interested in having that capability.

Brady
              Brady,

I'll look into it. If it would work as easily as my memory serves, I'll post something over in the SnevlCID discussion thread.

Sorry to have hijacked this thread...

Steve

Comment

I'll have to look at the Block list in SnevlCID...

But as a lark.. i found that the following imediate script command dumps the current caller to voicemail..

&hsp.Lineanswer 1

It even honors the special handling/voicemail greeting if it applies...

Now... i just need to find a way to

Find the address book entry
                Set the flag for "treat as private"
                Save the address book entry...

Which .. it sounds like.. SnevlCID might do...

I've been happy with the NetCallerID setup... but not adverse to changing if SnevlCID does what i'm looking for.
                Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

Originally posted by ArbWare View Post
                  I'll have to look at the Block list in SnevlCID...

But as a lark.. i found that the following imediate script command dumps the current caller to voicemail..

&hsp.Lineanswer 1

It even honors the special handling/voicemail greeting if it applies...

Now... i just need to find a way to

Find the address book entry
                  Set the flag for "treat as private"
                  Save the address book entry...

Which .. it sounds like.. SnevlCID might do...

I've been happy with the NetCallerID setup... but not adverse to changing if SnevlCID does what i'm looking for.
                  Andrew,

You are way far along if the lineanswer actually does the voicemail. I didn't think it did based on the help page (says more about the help pages than anything.... ).

So it may be that what you want to do is trigger an event that tells HSPhone to answer the phone (you got that), and somehow - via SnevlCID or something else - mark it as a call you don't want in the future. You may not want to install SnevlCID just for that, if there are other script calls that HSPhone will do what you want.

I will point out that if you have a NetCallerID box, SnevlCID was actually originally designed for you. Seriously: I wrote it because the NetCallerID script that is sold here still wasn't doing everything I wanted. It may be worth looking at.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                  X