Multiple Triggers Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Triggers Question

I want to trigger a script when any one of my motion detectors changes status. I have about 30 motion detectors throughout the house.

Is it better to create one event with lots and lots of conditionals for the trigger or just go ahead and create 30 events with one simple trigger?

Seems like a lot of work either way. Hopefully HS3 will make this question moot someday.

In this case a script would seem to be the best fit.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I did the script thing, but I have 1 event that calls a sub in that super script, so I can combine all sorts of sensors on a room by room basis.

--Dan
      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

If you're using BLRadar you can use it's device code to see the latest motion detector that fired:
        Attached Files
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
          I want to trigger a script when any one of my motion detectors changes status. I have about 30 motion detectors throughout the house. Is it better to create one event with lots and lots of conditionals for the trigger or just go ahead and create 30 events with one simple trigger?
          I'd opt for a separate event for each motion sensor. After you create the first event you can copy it and just change the event name and trigger device code to create the others. (You still have to make 29 copies, though.)

Seems like a lot of work either way. Hopefully HS3 will make this question moot someday.
          Tedious and mindless maybe, but not like digging 30 post holes or writing 30 thank you notes.
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thanks Guys,

I think I will follow Uncle Michaels advice.
            I briefly looked at BLRadar. It is slick. I thought about using it, but I decided to do it on my own as an exercize in learning to code.

My ultimate goal is to using scripting and logic to determine how many people are in the house and which rooms they are in at any given time. I also want realtime display on the house map of which rooms have motion.

Comment

Working...
            X