Error Initializing Voice Recognition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error Initializing Voice Recognition

I just downloaded and installed HSPro. During the installation, I received the error message:

Error initializing Voice recognition, probably not installed, check your Speech control panel: Exception from HResult:0x8004503A.

Being new to this software and unable to find this error in the online instructions, I was wondering if anyone could help point me in the right direction for getting this error resolved?

Thanks.

I wish I could be of help, but I am getting the same message as well. I am just getting back into home automation, so I may have missed what causes this issue. I hope someone can guide us in the right direction.

Comment

Sounds like SAPI isn't installed. Look at your Control panel and see if the speech is there and test it. If you see it and get teh same error you have to re-install SAPI. You'll need the drivers or wintel install disk. Do a quick search for the Sapi5.inf file. Right click it to install sapi5. It's ask for the files; typically buried in the directory; so you can use that or the install disk.
      Last edited by Pete; February 25, 2012, 12:10 AM.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
      X