Photos - Remote Controlling My Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photos - Remote Controlling My Car

I wanted my Elk M1 Panel to be able to remotely to lock and unlock the car doors, pop the trunk and start the car.

Here is the complete photo set for the project

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vaneska...62738855/show/

Car Remote Starter

- Bought used remote for Audiovox Prestige APS997 remote start system from eBay
    - FCC ID: ELVATCB
    - Model: APS2K4MSFLCF
    - Learned remote to car using instructions from Audiovox manual for remote
    - Opened up remote
    - Soldered leads to RJ45
    - Used T568A Wiring

Pin 1 - White Green - Unlock
    Pin 2 - Green - Not Used
    Pin 3 - White Orange - (+) 12 Volts
    Pin 4 - Blue - Not Used
    Pin 5 - White Blue - Lock
    Pin 6 - Orange - (-) 12 Volts
    Pin 7 - White Brown - Remote Start / Trunk
    Pin 8 - Brown - Switch Common (For Pin 1,5,7)

I will be posting images and information of my various projects so I can get input and ideas from the group.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Jean-Marie G. Vaneskahian
    jean@vaneskahian.com

Very nice Jean!

Curious if you keep the car in a garage or a car port where you live?
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I have not moved into the new house yet, still a few months from completing construction. I do not plan to park the car in the garage (that would be a BAD idea for remote start). I plan to use the garage as a dedicated workshop.

I was just thinking of little projects I could do while I wait for the house to be finished. All the wiring has been run and I have made my list of HA equipment I am going to use.

Pete you have been the source of many of my choices

Thanks for all your help!
      jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Yep, this works great (using an alarm remote, and wiring to it). I did the same with mine last year, and hooked it to relays hanging off of my Elk (controlled further then by HS of course). I even put the whole thing inside a matchbox sized project box from Radio Shack, with RJ45 pigtail, so that I could unplug it from the RJ45 outlet in my wiring cabinet and take it out to the car for maintenance if I ever "sold" the old car and then wanted to reprogram it to a new one.

It looks like this:
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Automated; February 27, 2012, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Jean,

You can take the remote to another level by adding a carpc to your automobile.

Today I sync my music after the car is running outside to the music NAS. With the cell phone connection I can also run HSTouch on the car PC to access the house remotely.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Automated, I like the project box idea! Do I just go to Radio Shack and pick one of these up? Or did you order online?

Pete, I thought about a CarPC... It is more than I can do at the moment, but am thinking about it for the future.
            jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

I just dropped by my local Radio Shack. It was only a few dollars. I actually picked up two of them, slightly different sizes each, and then just used the one that seemed like the best fit when I got home. They were so cheap that I didn't bother taking the other one back. It went to the spare parts box for some other crazy invention.

Comment

Working...
              X