Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Virtual Thermostat / Bryant Evolution integration.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virtual Thermostat / Bryant Evolution integration.

Hi,

I'm working on an integration with my Bryant Evolution thermostats. (Happy to share iti f anyone is interested). I'm just using scripts and parsing through the web server on the thermostats to get this to work.

One question I have - is there any documentation on modifying a virtual thermostat device? Right now I have each parameter of the thermostat as an indpenednet virtual device, it works ok, but is not as clean as the thermostat display in homeseer.

Thanks

-Jeremy

You're going about it the right way. The feedback I got from Rick when writing my thermostat plugin is that discrete virtual devices for each function are the way to go. HST is getting away from the "all in one" thermostat device. What I've done is to put all the status information in the status field on one of the virtual devices. Its value is set to the current temperature. That way I have discrete devices controlling everything, but still have one virtual device that I can look at and get full status at a glance.
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Got it. Thanks for the confirmation. I like the idea of the main device with a long device string and then backup devices for each value. I mostly use homeseer through hstouch anyway, so that gets formatted in a readable fashion for all the values.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremystevenson View Post
        Hi,

I'm working on an integration with my Bryant Evolution thermostats. (Happy to share iti f anyone is interested).
        Jeremy, I have Evolution system also. How are you communicating with the thermostat. Does one need the remote access option?

Comment

Dave,

Yes, you need the remote access option.

My integration uses the web interface of the remote access option to get values (with poling) and set values.

-Jeremy

P.S. - thanks for your hint offline. Haven't seen any bugs in my system yet, but haven't used it that much either.

Comment

the code

All,

Attached are the scripts and setup instructions. Enjoy.

-Jeremy
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jeremystevenson View Post
              All,

Attached are the scripts and setup instructions. Enjoy.

-Jeremy
              Jeremy, Will this work with HS3?
              If not would you be willing to edit it to be able to work with HS3?

Comment

There is a good discussion on CocoonTech for Carrier Infinity / Bryant Evolution that does the integration without the spendy remote access option. Much more DIY approach.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                  There is a good discussion on CocoonTech for Carrier Infinity / Bryant Evolution that does the integration without the spendy remote access option. Much more DIY approach.
                  Michael,
                  Could you please provide a link to this discussion?
                  Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by KSO View Post
                    Jeremy, Will this work with HS3?
                    If not would you be willing to edit it to be able to work with HS3?
                    I took a quick look at the code and won't work with HS3 as is. It will need a bit of updating.

Cheers
                    Al
                    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Michael,
                      Could you please provide a link to this discussion?
                      Thanks
                      http://cocoontech.com/forums/topic/1...ty#entry223447

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                        I took a quick look at the code and won't work with HS3 as is. It will need a bit of updating.

Cheers
                        Al
                        Al, Do you know of anyone who might be willing to take this ON?

Comment

Working...
                        X