Rain8Net with Digi PortServer help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain8Net with Digi PortServer help

I just got around to moving my Rain8Net from its USB-Serial adapter to my Digi PortServer TS16. Or attempting to at least. The Rain8Net was working fine previously, but when I connect it to the PortServer and run the Rain8 config program, it reports "Not a Rain8Net." I have my Z-Troller running fine off the PortServer (the serial port is configured as RealPort which I believe just emulates a dumb serial port). The Rain8Net though is giving me fits. Any ideas?
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Is the TS16 TTL or RS-232 level signal? More modern versions of the Rain8Net do not deal well with TTL interfaces. With mcsSprinklers Pro you also have the option of communicating directly via IP rather than going through a COM emulation drivers. You would need to know how to configure the TS16 to operate in raw (no protocol interpretation) mode for the port for this option to work.

Comment

I searched all through the TS16 documentation and couldn't find anywhere that it specified TTL or RS232 levels. Given Digi's history, I suspect RS232 though.

I tried your suggestion of using direct IP without going through the virtual COM port, but mcsSprinklers doesn't recognize the Rain8Net either. Warren at WGL Designs suggested that I try the Rain8 demo program instead of the config program, but no dice there either.

I'm kind of stumped as to why this isn't working. The PortServer was designed to work with just about every type of serial device out there from modems, to terminals, industrial automation devices, etc. For now I'm using my USB-Serial adapter but would really like to get rid of it and put everything on the PortServer.
      HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
      Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
      Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
      Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Working...
      X