Metro Atlanta (Georgia) Users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metro Atlanta (Georgia) Users?

Any users in the Atlanta area? Considering putting together some meet-ups and such for HA enthusiasts.

I live in the city near the Amtrack station. I use to meet with Rick Tinker [when he lived hear] and another friend once a month for lunch to share ideas and meet. Our other friend who met with us has now gone on to HomeSeer heaven and I don't know anyone in Atlanta with HomeSeer but I know there are folks out there. Would love to have a group!

Comment

I'm in Marietta and would be interested in meeting!

Comment

Let's do it. Any HA folks welcome, not just us who run homeseer. I am ITP off Shallowford @ 85.

Perhaps a good pub or something?

Comment

Okay. Made a meet-up group. Here is the link.

http://www.meetup.com/Metro-Atlanta-Home-Automation/

Have not scheduled a meetup yet.

What works for you guys? Weeknight or weekend? Any issues with bars or pubs or prefer sit-down restaurant? Thoughts on a first meeting date/time and place?

Some decent pubs:

Marlay house (Decatur)
          Thinking Mans Tavern (Decatur)
          Highlander (Midtown)
          Cypress Street Pub (Midtown)
          Manuel's Taven (Little 5)

If restaurants are preferred:

R. Thomas is close to jgary

Not sure what all is up in Marietta. Defer to rare pic for that.

Comment

Originally posted by sphiend View Post
            Okay. Made a meet-up group. Here is the link.

Have not scheduled a meetup yet.

What works for you guys? Weeknight or weekend? Any issues with bars or pubs or prefer sit-down restaurant? Thoughts on a first meeting date/time and place?

Some decent pubs:

Marlay house (Decatur)
            Thinking Mans Tavern (Decatur)
            Highlander (Midtown)
            Cypress Street Pub (Midtown)
            Manuel's Taven (Little 5)

If restaurants are preferred:

R. Thomas is close to jgary

Not sure what all is up in Marietta. Defer to rare pic for that.
            How about Perimeter area... weekdays after work...bars/pubs ok by me. There are plenty of places around. I can recommend a few if Perimeter works.

Comment

Perimeter area works for me. Name the place. How does either Monday or Wednesday work for you guys? 6:30 or 7'ish?
              Last edited by sphiend; March 23, 2012, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Peremeter Mall is OK with me. I would vote for 7 as the traffic is a bit better by that time.

Comment

How about Monday April 2nd, 7PM @ Tilted Kilt Perimeter?

1155-B Mount Vernon Highway
                  Atlanta, GA, 30338

Comment

I can not make it on 2-April as I am having surgery that day but I will come next time!

Comment

Think you would be up for the following Monday? Since there is only a few of us, might make sense to wait.

Comment

I could do April 9th.
                        http://www.midondesign.com

Comment

Originally posted by Midon View Post
                          I could do April 9th.

Alright. April 9th it is. Hopefully jgary and rrepic can make it out. Understand if jgary is not up for it.

If you are able to come, please join the meetup and RSVP for the event just so we have an idea how many to expect. I will wait out front of the restaurant until a few minutes after 7.

Here is the link again.

I will go ahead and adjust the previously scheduled meet to the new date.

---

Edit: not sure if the meet-up group will be around much longer. Seems I have somehow violated their terms of service. Perhaps it was the word beer in the meeting title or the choice of the venue. No idea. Maybe we could convince the nice folks at homeseer to give us an Atlanta forum if there is continued interest.

In fact, I just noticed there is a forum called "LUG" for local user group threads -- which is where this one should have been placed.

Rupp, Mark, or other moderators, please feel free to move this thread there. Apologies for not seeing it before.
                          Last edited by sphiend; March 27, 2012, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sphiend View Post
                            Alright. April 9th it is. Hopefully jgary and rrepic can make it out. Understand if jgary is not up for it.

If you are able to come, please join the meetup and RSVP for the event just so we have an idea how many to expect. I will wait out front of the restaurant until a few minutes after 7.

Here is the link again.

I will go ahead and adjust the previously scheduled meet to the new date.

---

Edit: not sure if the meet-up group will be around much longer. Seems I have somehow violated their terms of service. Perhaps it was the word beer in the meeting title or the choice of the venue. No idea. Maybe we could convince the nice folks at homeseer to give us an Atlanta forum if there is continued interest.

In fact, I just noticed there is a forum called "LUG" for local user group threads -- which is where this one should have been placed.

Rupp, Mark, or other moderators, please feel free to move this thread there. Apologies for not seeing it before.

April 9th works for me!

Comment

Originally posted by rrepic View Post
                              April 9th works for me!
                              Cool. Looks like we should have 3 then.

Comment

Working...
                              X