Considering Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering Homeseer

I've been running Micasaverde controllers for some time now...currently a Vera3.
    I've always liked the Homeseer products and am thinking about making the switch. It seems that Homeseer has a much more robust system and 3rd party support is strong. HS Touch looks much better than anything I've used for the Vera. Also connection reliability is a well known problem.

The main thing I'm hoping for is integrating all my automation devices into one controller. Currently I can't do that with Vera.

I have a Sonos which I see is supported here as well as several IP cams.
    I plan to add irrigation and an IR blaster like the SQ Blaster which you all also support. I also have a good amount of Zwave devices including switches, dimmers, Tstat and appliance modules.

I am currently installing a new pool controller which looks and works great.
    Its the Zodiak iAqualink with included wireless/webconnect kit.
    http://www.zodiacpoolsystems.com/Pro...iAquaLink.aspx
    It also has a free Ipod/Ipad/Android app. It looks to me like it would be easy to add this to Homeseer so everything I own would be accesable for the one app, HS Touch. I say it looks easy though I don't thing I could do the work myself.

I was wondering if there's been any talk in regards to this device and the possibility of putting something together for it?

Also do you all think the Hometroller SE Pro would be sufficient for my needs listed above?

Thanks for your advice and looking forward to learning more about your product...
    HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Mario23,
    Welocme to the HomeSeer message board. I'm not sure about this particular version of Aquaink but a guy named Barry Gorden put together a plugin or scripts years ago for his Aqualink controller. Try searching for Aqualink and see if this is the same controller as yours. Even if it isn't the same version it may be easy to adapt what he has. Try this search for more information on this controller:
    aqualink site:board.homeseer.com
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Don't consider HomeSeer, go for it and you will be hooked.

You can get all the help you require on this BBS or from the people behind it by email.

You will not be disappointed, welcome.
      sigpic
      A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Mario,

I'm addicted to Homeseer. Over 10 years now.

There is no other product today that even comes close to what HS can do relating to Home Automation.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Great news so far. I really think I'm going to upgrade soon.

I think I know the answer to this question but do I have to unpair all zwave devices before I switch over?
          HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

Originally posted by Mario23 View Post
            I think I know the answer to this question but do I have to unpair all zwave devices before I switch over?
            Yes devices cannot exist in 2 different networks if you were using an Z-Stick with the Vera then no

Comment

There's a great reason to have used a z-stick in the first place.
              Tks

Comment

Comment

Welcome Mario! Hope you jump into Homeseer soon, you will not regret it.

I am just acquiring the IQ900-RS to upgrade my current PDA-based Jandy/Zodic pool equipment. I'd be pleased to integrate it with my Homeseer system and would certainly be willing to pay for a good plug-in.

Hope someone can make that happen!

(the old one mentioned before worked off the RS-2332 serial interface so it really won't apply in this new scenario)

Comment

I've been using HS for over a year and concur: it's great

Being able to design my own touchscreens and add multiple technolgies is great too.

Good thing is you can try for free with 30-day trial

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
                    HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
                    2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
                    USB UIRT
                    Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
                    WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
                    HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
                    HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
                    2GIG Thermostat
                    BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
                    BLUPS
                    UltraLog (SQL2008)
                    Jon00 Plugins
                    Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
                    Global Cache IP2IR
                    Foscam FI8918W

Comment

You guys are killing me. I want it now but have to save up a bit.
                      I really think I want to get the Hometroller SE Pro.
                      I would love to see the Jandy board integrated but either way it seems like a really solid product with great support.

I just started playing around with Square Connect's SQ Blaster as well and I think everything will tie in together nicely...

Comment

Working...
                      X