CM11A vs TI103

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CM11A vs TI103

I need to replace my broken CM11A with a new module, TI103 is a strong contender. Does anyone know if CM11A is compatible with TI103 at the instruction level?

I know HomeSeer can communicate with both using appropriate drivers. But they are fully or mostly compatible as RS232 instruction level other than lacking the upload/memory feature for TI103?

Are you talking about the protocol? If so they are completely different. I believe the CM11 is a bit more binary orientated from what I have read but the TI103 is an ASCII based protocol (hence the need for two plugins). The CM11 also requires the ring indicator to be connected but the TI does not need it.

There is also the XTB-232 which is an interface that uses the CM11 instruction set but there are differences with the hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
      Are you talking about the protocol? If so they are completely different. I believe the CM11 is a bit more binary orientated from what I have read but the TI103 is an ASCII based protocol (hence the need for two plugins). The CM11 also requires the ring indicator to be connected but the TI does not need it.

There is also the XTB-232 which is an interface that uses the CM11 instruction set but there are differences with the hardware.
      Thanks, you answered my question perfectly.

Comment

Working...
      X