Stairs Motion Solutions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stairs Motion Solutions?

I've been trying to get my stairs setup with motion sensors like other rooms in my house. The problem I'm running into is at the bottom of the stairs, the staircase is very open, so there aren't any good places to put a sensor. I get motion detected walking near the staircase or past it. I've tried moving the motion sensor a bunch of places, but none work really well.

I was hoping to find a cheap IR sensor solution or something similar to that, but have had no luck yet. Is there anyone here who's solved this problem and has some suggestions for me?

Thanks!

If your ok with doing some drywall work/running wire. I like the SureAction Pulsor. Its a small strain sensor that mounts to the underside of the stairs, when the stairs flex slightly it triggers. The "processor" is adjustable so that pets and things won't set it off. The processor just has a contact output so you can connect to anything that will accept it (I use it wired to my Elk M1G)

Works very well in open areas as you actually have to step on the stairs to trigger. Have been working extremely well for me. I plan to try adding some to the frame of my couch/bed to sense when someone is setting in it.

If I was building a house anytime I would load the house with these sensors during construction

Comment

Look at the Visonic Clip "Curtain" motion sensors. They are very small in size and have a limited width detection area.
      --------------------------------------------------
      **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

Comment

Working...
        X