Hometroller S3 Com 3 Pin Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hometroller S3 Com 3 Pin Out

I am needing to move my Z-troller to a more central location to stabilize the network. I cannot easily move my Homeseer S3 as it is cabled to an alarm system and other things. I plan to use an existing cat5 leg to extend/relocate the Z-troller, so I just need to make up a rj45 to db9 connection for each end of the cat5. However, I need to know which one (or more) pins on the Hometroller S3 com 3 port are null (unused) I, of course, need at least one null pin so I can connect the 9-wire db9 to an 8 wire rj45. I presume I can open the box and look, but I'm hoping someone knows...
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
    2nd install with 1 Ethernet Z-net
    300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
    6 CT-100 tstats
    Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
    18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls

Originally posted by Sheriff View Post
    I am needing to move my Z-troller to a more central location to stabilize the network. I cannot easily move my Homeseer S3 as it is cabled to an alarm system and other things. I plan to use an existing cat5 leg to extend/relocate the Z-troller, so I just need to make up a rj45 to db9 connection for each end of the cat5. However, I need to know which one (or more) pins on the Hometroller S3 com 3 port are null (unused) I, of course, need at least one null pin so I can connect the 9-wire db9 to an 8 wire rj45. I presume I can open the box and look, but I'm hoping someone knows...
    Did you try this pinout?
    http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...68&postcount=4
    It's what I've been using.
    Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

Working...
    X