No announcement yet.

What's Your Favorite Trigger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have very few events that are triggered by a human. That wouldn't be "automation".

The vast majority of mine are conditions. Most contain multiple conditions such as some kind of sensor and time of day, for example.

Comment

I use a lot of manual ones for lighting scenes. Some of these are also triggered automatically when I pause/resume a movie, sunset, etc.

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
      HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
      2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
      USB UIRT
      Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
      WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
      HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
      HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
      2GIG Thermostat
      BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
      BLUPS
      UltraLog (SQL2008)
      Jon00 Plugins
      Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
      Global Cache IP2IR
      Foscam FI8918W

Comment

Originally posted by DC View Post
        I have very few events that are triggered by a human. That wouldn't be "automation".
        I disagree with that statement.

A dishwasher is an automated washing and drying device that is triggered by a human. It's still better than doing it manually.

If I trigger an event by pressing a button and it turns off 10 lights instead of 1, that's still automation. It saves me the trouble of running around and flipping off each light.
        Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Working...
        X