Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whole-house audio with a 7.1 sound card WITH ZONE VOLUME CONTROL??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whole-house audio with a 7.1 sound card WITH ZONE VOLUME CONTROL??

Is somebody was able to build a whole-house audio system by using a simple 7.1 sound card (for 4 stereo zones) AND was able to control the volume of each zone via Homeseer? I mean, with no external hardware like Matrix Switcher of Russound-like system?

This seems so simple, I have only one audio source: my HS computer and I want to play the music through a 12-channel amp with auto on/off feature. Many sound card can present multiple wave device to play with, like KX drivers and some onboard audio, but there's no way to simply use the 8 channel built in the audio card to feed the amp, like J River is suppose to do but it is unable to control the zone volume when it's a rear or center/sub zone. No mixer software gives us access to other than the two main channel except the Windows applet where no script or automation can work with. I wasted so much time trying to do this so simple thing... This was a piece of cake with Windows XP, Girder and an old Realtek onboard audio that present all channels in the main mixer. With Windows 7, forget it, no software can "touch" the rear/center/sub channels..... Why???

Please don't tell me to use JRMC multizone with KX drivers, this work but don't permit to make annoncement to all zone via HomeSeer TTS, and even JRMC is unable to control rear/center/sub volume in Windows 7 and I've tried LOT of different sound chip...

Jay have you found any solution to this? I'm looking to do the same. Basically looking to build a software-based matrix switcher. I was headed down the same path, but I didn't realize that you couldn't control the volume on the center/rear channels. That's a show stopper.
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

It's a windows 7 problem. I haven't found a solution either. I gave up and got a 16 channel ESS a/b with independent volume control. Too bad those aren't being made any more! Let me know if you figure something out.

Ian
      Plugins:
      BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Man I could make some $$$, seems there is a demand for a hardware matrix switch controlled by home seer just too bad i don't have the time

Comment

Working...
        X