Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help

Can anyone tell me how to deal with the Everspring SM-103-1. I have two and one works fine. On the other one, HS told me that the batteries were low so I changed them. Now HS says the battery is 100% but the device assigned to this sensor says open/motion all the time regardless of where the magnet is. The other Eversping I have works fine when I change the batteries. The instructions with the device are extremely unclear. How do I get this thing working again and keep it working?

Some suggestions:

As a simple preliminary check, wake up the SM103 and verify it is associated with HS ok. If it is, then rescan it - if the alarm doesn't trigger in HS when the magnet is moved, then...

- Delete the existing children under the SM103 root.
    - If there's any tarnish on the battery contacts in the SMT103, lightly sandpaper them.
    - Put in fresh batteries. (I use Energizer Ultimate and not the ones that come with the SM103). It'll now stay awake for a few minutes, but I still do the next steps as quickly as possible.
    - Move it right next to the controller, rescan and optimize.
    - Check associations to HS.
    - Change the update interval in configuration as you need.
    - Do the alarm and battery children show up ok?
    - If yes, does moving the magnet cause the alarm to trigger ok in HS?
    - If yes, move the SM103 to its final location, optimize 4 times, but do not click rescan, configure, or associations. I found I could do all of this before the SM103 fell asleep.
    - If no, I would repeat these steps 2 or 3 times before the install was 100% correct.
    Option 2: delete the root and children, import from the controller and see if that works. If not, delete the children, rescan, etc.
    Option 3: remove the node from the controller, delete the root and children and start from a fresh add.
    Hope that helps.
    All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

I just ran into the same exact problem. I've recently added several of these w/o any problems, however my newest one fails to register changes in the magnet contacts as well as the dry contact pins. I tried multiple times to delete/recreate eveything, each time the unit configures correctly, HS optimizes it just fine, it just fails to send state changes. The LED on the unit cycles as I move the magnet (in test mode - tamper switch open). So there is no doubt in my mind the unit is defective and is being returned for a replacement.
      Mike

Comment

I finally installed a replacement SM103 I bought on HS Sale. It does the exact same thing! It has excellent neighbor status, seems to add to the system normal, communicates fine, but the contact changes are never seen in HS. I have two other of these that never give me any problem.

HSPro 2.5.0.20

So now I'm guessing my original unit was not defective. What else can I try? I confirmed HS is not excluding it from Association.

EDIT: Fixed. Forgot that this device needed to be manually associated to HS.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by mwaite; May 25, 2012, 09:26 PM.
        Mike

Comment

Working...
        X