ACT ZDW120 Registration Failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ACT ZDW120 Registration Failed

I installed two ZDW120 wall switches for integration into my Zwave network. The Ztroller recognizes the switch and reports back the node. But when importing the new devices into HS it responds with an error, indicating that it wasn't able to retrieve manufacturer or other device information. Any ideas what's going on here?

How far away are the 2 ZDW120 devices? What does the log look like? Do the devices show up in the status page? If so have you tried optimizimg the ZDW120's and then doing a Re-Scan?

Comment

Thanks for responding, Kaldoon. The two devices are mounted next to each other. They show up in HS as "Unknown". I'll post the log later tonight when I get home. I did delete and re-scanned the devices but optimize? How do I do that?

Comment

Here is the log entry when I try to import the devices:

Loading network information from your Z-Wave interface... Done.
        Synchronizing network information against HomeSeer devices...
        The Z-Wave network has 3 nodes.
        Found node 2. Retrieving class and manufacturer information from the node.
        Failed to get basic node information from new node 2, cannot continue to load this node.
        Device 1st Floor Living Room Z-Wave Thermostat already exists for node 7. Syncing node information with the HomeSeer device.
        Found node 8. Retrieving class and manufacturer information from the node.
        Failed to get basic node information from new node 8, cannot continue to load this node.
        Instructing the Z-Wave thermostat functions in HomeSeer to verify all Z-Wave thermostats.
        Finished with Z-Wave device synchronization.

Comment

I need to correct my previous post: the light switches do not appear in the device list.

Comment

How far away are the the switches from the Z-Troller - ftom the Import Device log it looks like the devices are to far away to be added. When adding devices to a network during this phase the controller needs to be able to communicate with the device directly

Comment

The troller is about 6 feet from the device; seems like that shouldn't be a problem but I will move the troller closer to the device during the import and see if that helps.

Comment

Last night I made several attempts to get the devices to import properly. Interestingly, I did get one of the dimmers to import after I deleted both of them from the troller and only worked with one at a time. However, HS did not recognize the device as a dimmer but only as a switch. So I deleted it again and tried to re-import. As before the import failed. Frustrated I moved on to the second device in hopes I could make more progress here. But no luck here either, the import failed. Here comes the funny part: as I was clicking here and there in HS, all of a sudden HS reported that it identified the first device although the previous import failed. Not only that but it identified it properly as a dimmer! All the controls, on, off and dimming, worked as intended. As puzzled as I was about this I gladly accepted the new device into my network. Unfortunately, I had no such luck with the second device. I'll see what happens tonight...

Comment

Working...
                X