Switch or module suggestion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switch or module suggestion?

My bedroom has one light switch which controls all the bottom plugs of the outlets in the room. The 2 lights are plugged into 2 of those bottom outlets. So my question is would be, should I just use a switch for that or use lamp modules or other suggestions? I am using zwave by the way.

Thanks

depends on your needs.

You could leave the switch and install outlet modules on those locations so you could have individual control over each item plugged in. You could also put a zwave switch in that same setup and leave any zwave outlet with a light fixture on for example so that it is then controlled by the zwave switch. Yo have tons of options...just depends on what you want.
    HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

Basically what I want is to be able to walk in turn on the switch and the lights go on. Walk out and hit the switch and it goes off. Nothing fancy. Maybe what I am asking is that is it ok to put a zwave switch in when it controls the outlets power?

Thanks again

Comment

I use UPB but i would think you can do the same with Zwave. I had the same setup in our master bedroom and I wanted to be able to dim the lighting. I was uncomfortable allowing outlets to be dimmed so what i did was, at the switch, I wire nutted the hots and neutrals together, bypassing the switch and making the outlets always hot and added a UPB keypad in place of the switch. Then I used a UPB lamp module for the lamps and controlled them with one of the keypad buttons, including the dim.
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
        Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by gstone View Post
          Basically what I want is to be able to walk in turn on the switch and the lights go on. Walk out and hit the switch and it goes off. Nothing fancy. Maybe what I am asking is that is it ok to put a zwave switch in when it controls the outlets power?

Thanks again
          Sure, just use a relay switch in case something other than a light is plugged into the outlet.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
          X