Randomizing ligths when Alarm is in home away mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Randomizing ligths when Alarm is in home away mode

I want to randomly turn ligths on and off when I arm my security sistem Home Away, but I am brain blocked in how to make the event (Trigger wise), is it a conditional? A device trigger (Alarm panel)? A timed trigger?

Would you make a event for each ligth? For different times?
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

BLOccupied is what you want. I have it setup with events tied to my DSC alarm system. Does a good job of making the house look lived in.

http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1071

Comment

cant these be done with normal events?
      Hector
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Sure you can do it with a condition and extra triggers on your alarm event but being a BLOccupied user as well it sure does make it a lot easier.
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
        Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Timed Event with condition "Armed away" (and probably After Sunset/before Sunrise)
          Script the rest.
          Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

While not exactly random, I do this with multiple events. My objective is to roughly mimic the pattern of lights going on and off that occur when we are actually home. So first, I create a virtual device that is on when the alarm is in armed-away mode, off otherwise.

I then have events with time triggers with the security check box checked (to vary the time randomly around the set time). Each event has a condition that the virtual 'away' device is on. They are intended to simulate someone leaving one area, turning off the lights, then entering another area and turning on the lights. Each event is based on observing how we actually behave during a normal day.
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
              While not exactly random, I do this with multiple events. My objective is to roughly mimic the pattern of lights going on and off that occur when we are actually home. So first, I create a virtual device that is on when the alarm is in armed-away mode, off otherwise.

I then have events with time triggers with the security check box checked (to vary the time randomly around the set time). Each event has a condition that the virtual 'away' device is on. They are intended to simulate someone leaving one area, turning off the lights, then entering another area and turning on the lights. Each event is based on observing how we actually behave during a normal day.
              Think aim going this route, I don't think I have to purchase a plug to turn and off lights, thk u all.
              Hector
              AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

BLOccupied is a free plug-in.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas View Post
                  BLOccupied is a free plug-in.
                  Where do u get it?
                  Hector
                  AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I haven't looked but it should be in the updater, if not I know it's on Bob's site, that's where I got it.
                    Marty
                    ------
                    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
                    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Working...
                    X