Kwikset lock alarm device???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kwikset lock alarm device???

Can someone tell me the purpose of the "Alarm" device that was added when I added for my Kwikset locks?

Do I need to enable this in order to see status changes for the lock?

I just installed one as well. I would like to know what this device is for.

Comment

Originally posted by djdzam View Post
      I just installed one as well. I would like to know what this device is for.
      I'm not sure about the Kwikset, but the Schlage contains the last code entered - well, not the actual 'code' but the number corresponding to the code:
      Attached Files
      HS4Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi4
      79 Z-Wave Nodes, 131 Events, 383 Devices
      Z-Wave, UPB, WiFi
      Plugins: EasyTrigger, weatherXML, OMNI, Z-Wave, Tuya, Device History
      HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Yeah I figured it out. I had to remove the lock from the network, then add it back using Homeseer rather than the button on the z-stick. Then you have to just wait a while for homeseer to scan the device. It changed the device to show the lock status and what unlocked or locked it. Very cool. Thanks.

Comment

djdzam,
          In HSPro, I was able to get the alarm status to show up without re-installing the lock. It was just dumb luck I guess. I was trying to figure out where the device values were for the locks. I knew they had to show up somewhere. I rescanned the root device. Nothing happened. Then I sent a 'lock' command to the lock. Then when the lock sent the alarm status code back it apparently triggered HSPro to populate the alarm child device's with all of the status codes and their text strings. After that, the status page showed the alarm status text instead of just the alarm on and off that was there before. This is probably a bug. The values should have shown up when the lock was first installed.

You're right, it is pretty cool. I've just finished (I think I'm finished) creating my first HSTouch screen. It's for the locks (I have 6). For each lock there's are lock and unlock buttons. It also shows the alarm status (green background if locked, red if unlocked). And, it shows the battery level of each lock (green background if it's 50% or above, red if it's below). It's neat. Now if I can just communicate with the locks reliably.

Comment

Working...
          X