Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the Single Coolest Thing You Do with HomeSeer?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post

Just got a washer and dryer ... LG WIFI... and they are in ThinQ app and it is pretty cool. Also Google Home has them.. so I can say.. hey Google, what is the status of the dryer and it will say... The dryer is running and has 15 minutes left.... need to see if I can integrate into HS...
    Jeff - maybe this would work? https://shop.homeseer.com/products/s...plugin-for-hs4
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
      saw that...

Looking it over.. I can do all that plugin does now with just google. If I ever get to the point of wanting those color changing devices or voice announcements..then I see a need. I have a feeling I will, but later..
      thx
      HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

HSTouch has been the 'coolest' hit in my house - I'm up to 4 tablets now: weather forecast, TV channel changing, basic lighting control, etc.

Before HSTouch, motion detection coupled with lighting control was big. https://vidmateapp.win | bluestacks 3 | hdmoviearea

Comment

Not really cool, but very useful.... I use the HS-WD200+ dimmer switches to provide status for certain aspects of the home. Mainly for when I go to sleep. I can look over at the switch panel and determine if everything in the house is off, closed and secured.

During the day, the LEDs will be GREEN if status is OK, solid BLUE (if a certain light is ON), flash YELLOW (if a door is open or unlocked) or flash RED (if motion detected) for abnormal status of devices. Each indicator (up to seven) has a different meaning associated with one or more devices. During the evening, because the LEDs are bright when sleeping, I reduce/combine the status indicators to a single LED which is either GREEN, solid BLUE if light is ON, flash RED for motion, or flash YELLOW if doors or locks are not secured.

Nothing like waking up, nervous, to a noise in the middle of the night with the LED flashing RED, to find out the cat is up!

Comment

Originally posted by KBF100 View Post
            Not really cool, but very useful.... I use the HS-WD200+ dimmer switches to provide status for certain aspects of the home.....
            I think it's VERY cool! We do very similar here. There are a number of things I either must keep track of or hate keeping track of. Doors/Locks, gates, windows, batteries, ...and rodents. If a door is not closed and/or locked numbers 7 or 6 blink the color for the door. 5 is for gates. Before letting the dogs out I can check to be sure the gates are closed. 4 is for windows. Different color for different section of the house. 3 is for groups of device batteries when they report being low. 2 is open now but is slated for outdoor motion. 1 is for rodent traps. New neighbors brought several cats so the bottom light might free up soon! I agree that 7 green status lights are a bit bright! :-) I turn the OK status off when we turn in at night. I absolutely LOVE this addition to the switches/dimmers!

Comment

I really like the disabling of the alarm via the schalge link keypad. makes life a bit easier.
              Best Diagnostic Centre in Lucknow

Comment

Originally posted by ipsummedicare View Post
                I really like the disabling of the alarm via the schalge link keypad. makes life a bit easier.
                Best Diagnostic Centre in Lucknow
                Yep - the wife loves that she doesnt have to enter a code on the door, then enter another on the keypad - I just use the pinpad on the door lock and it disarms the alarm for her.
                HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by outbackrob View Post

I think it's VERY cool! We do very similar here. There are a number of things I either must keep track of or hate keeping track of. Doors/Locks, gates, windows, batteries, ...and rodents. If a door is not closed and/or locked numbers 7 or 6 blink the color for the door. 5 is for gates. Before letting the dogs out I can check to be sure the gates are closed. 4 is for windows. Different color for different section of the house. 3 is for groups of device batteries when they report being low. 2 is open now but is slated for outdoor motion. 1 is for rodent traps. New neighbors brought several cats so the bottom light might free up soon! I agree that 7 green status lights are a bit bright! :-) I turn the OK status off when we turn in at night. I absolutely LOVE this addition to the switches/dimmers!
                  What do you use and how connected to monitor the gates? I am also looking for a way to monitor my gates. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post

What do you use and how connected to monitor the gates? I am also looking for a way to monitor my gates. Thanks!
                    I helped someone with a Node-RED flow who simply used Door/Window Sensors to tell if their gates were open. The flow then closed the gates after it was open for a given amount of time, depending on what was used to open the gate. In their case the gates worked on a simple momentary push button type switch and they had automated them with a dry contact closure which was closed for a second.
                    Karl S
                    HS4Pro on Windows 10
                    1070 Devices
                    56 Z-Wave Nodes
                    104 Events
                    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                    Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post

I helped someone with a Node-RED flow who simply used Door/Window Sensors to tell if their gates were open. The flow then closed the gates after it was open for a given amount of time, depending on what was used to open the gate. In their case the gates worked on a simple momentary push button type switch and they had automated them with a dry contact closure which was closed for a second.
                      I got the door sensor part. I was trying to find out what type of device they're connected to HS with.

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post

Sorry for the delay! (This is entirely too long of an answer, but I have had far to much coffee this morning...) I have tried nearly EVERY sensor out there. Started with DS-10's in a sealed box with an attached outdoor reed sensor. (That was the longest and best solution, but I don't have a W800 anymore so I had to ditch the DS-10's.) Seriously, there isn't a Z-Wave door/window sensor out there that's available in the US of any variety that I haven't tried. NONE of them have lasted more than a few months. I live on the Texas Coast so the heat and the humidity are brutal on outdoor electronics. I even tried dipping them in Plasti-Dip and just toss them when the battery ran out, but the dip seemed to have blocked the signal or something and they were never very reliable. So then I figured WTH, I will try a different protocol. Zigbee. I found a thread here I think about the Aqara Door and Window Sensor. Folks were happy with them. I bought a few to try out. They are not rated for outdoor, but I caulk up the battery disconnect slot and that seems to be all that is needed. That and a decent Zigbee network. I am using the Nortek USB interface. It is located in the center of the house. My important gates are on either side of the house about 100 feet away. That required a few extra Zigbee devices to create a strong network. Used some higher rated smart plugs from Amazon. So far the Aqara have lasted about 6 months out of their 2year battery lifespan. They made it through a freeze and freezing rain in February. It's just now getting hot and rainy here so we will see how they do.

Comment

outbackrob I agree the Aqara sesnors are great. I'm in downstate NY with extreme cold, heat and humidity. I'm also facing sea water so salt corrosion affects everything here. I have one attached to an outside gate not even sealed and it's on its third year without changing or replacing anything. I have the same sensors on a freezer door and on the refrigerator doors. They're indoors but it seems the batteries last forever.

Just my luck, now that I mention it they will probably all need new batteries soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by outbackrob View Post

... I have tried nearly EVERY sensor out there. .
                            So I use an M1Gold alarm panel. On an older home, I just wired up the gates with an overhead garage door contact that was weather proof. Then I wired it into the Elk M1 alarm panel and told the alarm panel to ignore the input for security reasons but allow it to be watched by UltraM1 plugin. This worked flawlessly for me. Everything outside was in metal conduit and the sensor was sealed. Just a thought. I dont know if you use the Elk alarm panels or not, but they have an Elk M1-EZ8 that is the little brother to the "Gold" version and I have used both.
                            A computer's attention span is as long
                            as it's powercord.

Comment

Maybe I'm getting old but this is cool to me...real-time traffic and weather (radar mostly) and I replicated our actual floor plan to see all of our sensors, temps, motion, etc on one screen.

Comment

Originally posted by ercincinnati81 View Post
                                Maybe I'm getting old but this is cool to me...real-time traffic and weather (radar mostly) and I replicated our actual floor plan to see all of our sensors, temps, motion, etc on one screen.
                                Agreed, having one screen with the floor plan showing status/allowing control of almost everything is not only cool/convenient, but bought me a ton of WAF in the process!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	432
Size:	383.6 KB
ID:	1627803

Comment

Working...
                                X