Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the Single Coolest Thing You Do with HomeSeer?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jakob.Sand View Post
    My 3 doors car port is now fully automated.
    PIR's outside automatically open doors if person walks up to car port.
    Only the doors with cars in open.
    When we drive into the courtyard throught the gates - the correct car port door (with empty space) opens up.

Inside when entering the car port with the car - my Ultra Sound distance sensor pics up a car is incomming and a screen in the end wall with HSTouch displays distance to end wall until the car is in the right distance from the end wall. My wife likes the distance to wall indicators on the HST screen - "it's like entering the car wash hall". After 3 min. of inactivity in the car port with a new car in it - doors closes etc.

When leaving with the cars the HSTouch screens diplays road temperature, traffic cam, meteo-warnings, and the latest 3 news headlines. At the same time the gates start to open for quick exit.

Bluetooth (5 Jon00 clients) is used to gather how many cars and persons are at home - and gates are locked if nobody is home. Pictures are taken all the time cars go in and out - and if we are not home send with mail.

In the middle of the gates driving out to the main road overview to the left and right is difficult. I therefore have IR beams across the road on each corner of our property - to send warning signal to the driver of the car. Only problem is at mist - the beams can not reach across the road to the reflector

This is really cool. Have you considered using a laser for the road crossing? Seems that most would cut through the mist. And it'd look pretty cool too when it mists.
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Originally posted by reidfo View Post
      This is really cool. Have you considered using a laser for the road crossing? Seems that most would cut through the mist. And it'd look pretty cool too when it mists.
      Thanks - I had a lot of fun install this. Lasers are not good I think because the road is public.
      Best,
      Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

My 3 doors car port is now fully automated.
        PIR's outside automatically open doors if person walks up to car port.
        Only the doors with cars in open.
        When we drive into the courtyard throught the gates - the correct car port door (with empty space) opens up.

Inside when entering the car port with the car - my Ultra Sound distance sensor pics up a car is incomming and a screen in the end wall with HSTouch displays distance to end wall until the car is in the right distance from the end wall. My wife likes the distance to wall indicators on the HST screen - "it's like entering the car wash hall". After 3 min. of inactivity in the car port with a new car in it - doors closes etc.

When leaving with the cars the HSTouch screens diplays road temperature, traffic cam, meteo-warnings, and the latest 3 news headlines. At the same time the gates start to open for quick exit.

Bluetooth (5 Jon00 clients) is used to gather how many cars and persons are at home - and gates are locked if nobody is home. Pictures are taken all the time cars go in and out - and if we are not home send with mail.

In the middle of the gates driving out to the main road overview to the left and right is difficult. I therefore have IR beams across the road on each corner of our property - to send warning signal to the driver of the car. Only problem is at mist - the beams can not reach across the road to the reflector

Wow! I'd like to have more technical details about the devices you use to achieve this, especially the IR beams solution. I'd like to do like this myself.
        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
        Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
        on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
        WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
          Wow! I'd like to have more technical details about the devices you use to achieve this, especially the IR beams solution. I'd like to do like this myself.
          I use this for Ultrasonic: http://www.pepperl-fuchs.us/usa/en/c...s&prodid=24957

$110 here in Denmark. has to I/Os with easy teach. One channel even has window function that enables me to both have a long detection that gets an incomming car - and a "safe zone" near my end wall for that is the Window function.
          Best,
          Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

I thought I would have read this one, but maybe to basic to post.

I use my Elk alarm interface to HS to send text msg's on who's coming and going. Specificaly when the kids come home and don't call mom. She knows there home safe by the txt msg. Alot of other associated things like that, but you get the idea.
            Last edited by skybolt; January 1, 2013, 01:56 PM.
            -Skybolt

Comment

Mine's not nearly as cool as most but I love it.

A strip of LEDs mounted underneath the bathroom counter powers on with the bedtime event whether manually or automatically triggered. This lights up the bathroom floor with a soft green glow allowing me to...locate...the facilities at night without having to turn on a brighter light.

I've also been using UltraMon to detect when my wife's Android reconnects to the WiFi network. If the reconnection occurs outside of daylight hours then the Christmas lights turn on shortly after she arrives home. A simple little bit of WAF work that.

Comment

Bulb saver for Home Theater Projector - The bulb in the projector costs $400 and has an average life of only 2000 hours. It is very easy for me to fall asleep in a recliner while watching a show. To prevent the projector from being on for an extended time while I sleep, I used the motion sensor which determines occupancy of the theater for HVAC control to trigger a one hour timer to start when the projector is turned on. Each time the sensor detects movement in the theater, the timer resets for another hour. If the timer expires the theater overhead lights flash three times to alert me that the projector will turn off in 10 minutes. If I am awake, a wave of my hand will reset the timer for another hour of viewing, otherwise the lights will flash again and the projector will turn off. The sound stays on, so as not to wake me up, my wife takes care of that.

Comment

I use this for Ultrasonic: http://www.pepperl-fuchs.us/usa/en/c...s&prodid=24957

$110 here in Denmark. has to I/Os with easy teach. One channel even has window function that enables me to both have a long detection that gets an incomming car - and a "safe zone" near my end wall for that is the Window function.
                  Great! Thanks!

Which IO interface do you use for HomeSeer?
                  HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                  Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                  on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                  WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Getting fed up with batteries, so starting with my ST814 Temp/Humid devices I'm in the process of repositioning them a few feet above power outlets, fishing 4.5VDC adapter cables to them, and replacing the power outlets with Z-Wave devices. The coolness of this is that now the Temp/Humids never need batteries replacing and in order to rescan / optimize / configure / etc., all I have to do is recycle their power outlets remotely that gives me a 5 minute window while they stay awake.
                    All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

Originally posted by Cyber-Wizard View Post

I've also been using UltraMon to detect when my wife's Android reconnects to the WiFi network. If the reconnection occurs outside of daylight hours then the Christmas lights turn on shortly after she arrives home. A simple little bit of WAF work that.
                      Hi Cyber-Wizard

Are you able to detect here re-attaching to Wifi even without HS running? If so, would you mind sharing how you do it?

Thanks

mark

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
                      HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
                      2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
                      USB UIRT
                      Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
                      WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
                      HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
                      HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
                      2GIG Thermostat
                      BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
                      BLUPS
                      UltraLog (SQL2008)
                      Jon00 Plugins
                      Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
                      Global Cache IP2IR
                      Foscam FI8918W

Comment

Originally posted by mark_anderson_us View Post
                        Hi Cyber-Wizard

Are you able to detect here re-attaching to Wifi even without HS running? If so, would you mind sharing how you do it?

Thanks

mark
                        Nope, I leave HS running at all times for a number of reasons. With HS running the UltraMon plugin does the heavy lifting of monitoring my network.

Comment

My latest coolest thing is HSTouch. I can control the heating and ventilation in our house with my IPhone. I can also control the Mitsubishi air heat pump.

Comment

Originally posted by jlikonen View Post
                            My latest coolest thing is HSTouch. I can control the heating and ventilation in our house with my IPhone. I can also control the Mitsubishi air heat pump.
                            Can you describe what you use to control the Mitsubish air heat pump? Is it a Mr. Slim? Considering going to this type of heating system in the new house.

Comment

Bernieb,

I have two Mitsu heat pumps (MSZ-FD25 and SUZ-FD25). The control is via Procon A1M board (it can control only one heat pump).This board uses Modbus protocol so you need either RS485/232 or RS485/tcp-ip converter. I decided to go to the rs485/tcp-ip converter (Moxa Nport). The Modbus protocol is very simple and everything is explained in the manual (see attached file). I have installed the board onto the MSZ unit and the installation was relatively easy. The connector on the indoor unit PCB was not in the same place as in Fig. 3 in the manual, but it was relatively simple to locate the connector. I know there is a Modbus plugin being developed but I think it's not yet ready so I had to make my own script for Homeseer (and HSTouch). I can control everything with my IPhone (even the air direction). This is very cool! I am now ordering a second A1M unit for the other heat pump.

Regards, Jari
                              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Jari,

This is very interesting and I'm taking notes for future reference. I don't want to hijack this thread so I won't ask too many questions, I may just contact you at a later time, but did you have to run an eternet cable to your units to connect to the A1M board?

Thanks
                                Bernie

Comment

Working...
                                X