Setting up a reminders event?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting up a reminders event?

Hey guys I want to setup a reminder that on wed.and fri. I have to take the garbage outside. Will this be (trigger): Recurring? Conditional? Or a date event?

Any other sugestions will be appreciated or maybe a script , thanks in advance.
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Here's mine that runs on Monday nights:
    Attached Files
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Recurring with conditions. Then select the days as the conditions.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        How would you setup the retrigger time in the recurring event?
        Hector
        MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Select the days using the check marks. Then add a condition of time of day or sunrise sunset. Enter the time. You can also set it up like the example posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
            Why recurring?
            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

or you could use the maintenance script...

I used to use it... man i got to get my system back in running order..

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthrea...958#post711958
              HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                Why recurring?
                Doesn't have to be. There are many ways to skin that cat.

Comment

I do this with two events. One turns on a virtual device early in the morning on garbage day. Monday, in my case. The second event is conditional with a retrigger time of 1800 seconds (30 min). When my conditions are met (after 3:30 and virtual device is on) I get a reminder every 30 min until I turn the virtual device off.
                  Attached Files
                  Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                  HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

UM,

What sets the 30 min. repeat?

That is a good idea for my garage door reminder. At night, if the garage door is open, I get reminder texts to close it, after 9:30. However, I have it sending my the messages every 5 minutes. I am not sure how I went about this.

I think for some other things, like the garbage can, that is a great idea. Then I could even tie in a RFID tag to this, so if the garbage can's RFID tag is out of range for 20 minutes, reset the virtual device.

--Dan
                    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
                      What sets the 30 min. repeat?
                      I have the Do Not Retrigger box checked with a time of 1800 sec.
                      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I was bored yesterday and scribbled out a small script I call "Daily Reminders" in about a half hour. I run it once a day during the morning announcements.
                        What it does so far is check a list of reminders currently stored in an ini file (may move this to some other form of data file later) and announces those items that match today's date. When an announcement matches, the date on that item is updated to the next scheduled date if it's recurring, or if it's a one time reminder, ie. an appointment, it gets deleted from the file.

For instance: Garbage is collected here every other Thursday.
                        The schedule for this would look something like 10/4/2012,14,text to speak.

It's still a work in progress, but I was just wondering if there might be any interest in such a thing. If so, I can post it once I've finished adding bells and whistles (I have a few in mind).
                        Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Wadenut,

I think I could use that script .

Thanks
                          Neil
                          Newmarket Ontario

Comment

Originally posted by nsisman View Post
                            Wadenut,

I think I could use that script .

Thanks
                            Neil, if you'll send me your email address again, I'll send a preliminary copy for you to test. I'm happy with it as is; I just want to gauge it's usability for someone else.
                            Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Hi,

I went about it a slightly different way, I have an event that is called when i get home (house virtual status device becomes Occupied) and it is a Wednesday, since almost all the time i work Wednesday's so would not be at home until i got back from work.

When i get home, and it is a Wednesday the below is triggered, it then works out if it is an even or odd day, and says whether it is a rubbish night, or rubbish and recycling night since the recycling alternates every 2nd week.

The code below was found within this forum, and is essentially a copy and paste, i can't recall who did it (otherwise would credit them) but it works perfectly for me!

Code:
                              Sub Main(parm as object) 
                              Dim r As Integer 

r = DatePart("ww", Now) 
                                          if r Mod 2 = 0  then        'even week
                                          If WeekdayName(Weekday(Date.Now)) = "Wednesday" Then 
                                             hs.Speak("Tonight is just Rubbish Night",true)
                                          End If 
                                      End If 

If r Mod 2 <> 0 Then      'odd week
                                             hs.Speak("Tonight is Rubbish and Recycling Night",true)
                                      End If 
                              End Sub
                              Attached Files
                              HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Working...
                              X