Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foscam presets and GetURL

Hi All,

Has anyone been using Foscam presets and motion sensors to have their camera's pan to a specific location and take photos using the netcam plugin?

Id like to set up two of my cameras in a similar way, so if doors open it pans and tilts to that door (preset) and takes photos, but i don't seem to have any luck.

When using the browser i go:

Code:
    http://192.168.46.23x:82/decoder_control.cgi?command=41&user=xxxx&pwd=xxxx
    it works perfectly every time, however if i try either of the below as a script action in an event, it works very intermittently, has anyone experienced a similar thing and could they share any tips on how to get it operational?
    Code:
    &hs.GetUrl("192.168.46.23x:82","/decoder_control.cgi?command=35&user=xxxx&pwd=xxxx" ,True,82) 

&hs.GetUrl("192.168.46.23x","/decoder_control.cgi?command=35&user=xxxx&pwd=xxxx" ,True,82)
    Thanks for any help you could provide.
    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

That should work. What do you mean by intermittently. Does the HS log file show the command executing/
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The command itself is correct. Maybe try running it from inside a script to see if the behaviour improves.
      Mike

Comment

The presets work but it takes several seconds for the action to complete. If you are attempting to capture someone, you have to send the command much sooner than you might think or you'll get nothing. Also, the image capture needs to happen after it has stopped motion. I think it can get confused if you are asking it for an image WHILE it is still in motion. I know, it should not matter, but it's not a $500 ip cam either.

Set the delay for the image capture about 10 seconds and see if it captures correctly. Once you get that working, knock the time down until it cannot get there in time and bump it back up a bit.

I use the presets and they work great.
        huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Thanks for the advice, basically when i use the browser and enter the address in the URL it will immediately work, i thought given the pan tilt feature of the cameras my aim was to have one camera with 3 or so presets, and it would move from one side to the other as soon as motion is detected.

I was cautious about asking it to pan and tilt before capturing images, so i set up an event that allowed me to have it trigger based on motion, send the hs.geturl to request the camera move to a preset location, wait 3 seconds (since it moves quickly), then take a picture using netcam.

The log gives me the below, it does work but only sometimes. I noted when i went on the camera today the cats had triggered the camera to move, but then all through last night when i walked past a set motion sensor i could not get the camera to move

6/13/2012 3:29:56 PM Event Waiting 0 minute(s) 3 second(s) 0 millisecond(s) 6/13/2012 3:29:56 PM Event Running script statement immediately: &hs.GetUrl("192.168.46.23x:82","/decoder_control.cgi?command=35&user=xxxx&pwd=xxxx" ,True,82)
          HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

When it doesn't move is the log entry shown in the HS log file?
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
            X